Saturday, 25 October 2014

Pretty Petals

Happy Saturday,

I hope everyone is having a great day. I would like to share with you the card I made for  The Card Concept Challenge.


 


Let me tell you it certainly was a challenge for me!! I haven't really done many cards with flowers as my past card making was restricted to Christmas cards and family birthday cards as that was all I ever really made time for!  Also I did not own a sunflower stamp/image.

After a little searching I found a beautiful sunflower digital stamp called Pretty Petals available from Whimsy Stamps and set about colouring it in with my copics.  It was actually a nice change to get away from colouring christmas images. For my country feel I went with gingham paper, burlap ribbon and kraft card.  I started the card with a certain layout and rough design in mind and..well..I ended up doing something completely different - does that happen to anyone else?  My card fits best into the freestyle collage category.

Here is my card:


Supplies:
Whimsy Stamps - StampArt Design Pretty Petals Digital Stamp
Hero Arts Clear Design Stamps Thinking of You Messages
Lil Inker Designs - Stitched Rectangles 
MFT Die-namics -  Blueprints 14
 We R Memory Keepers Coroner Punch
Pink Petticoat - Goldenrod gingham digital paper
 Doodlebug Sprinkles - Bon Bon assortment
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Bumblebee assortment
Burlap Ribbon, Mini Peg - from stash

Here is a close up of the sunflower.


 I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:






Thanks so much for looking, please feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think, and then I can come and visit you :)

Ax

8 comments:

  1. You can't get much more country than burlap..love it. So glad you joined us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image! Love how you incorporated the burlap! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I think you have a winner here! Very impressed with your work! Going to go and browse around some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done! I love the burlap and gingham. Your coloring has great depth, nice touch with the shadowing!
    Thanks for joining The Card Concept:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card. Love the pretty sunflower image and the soft shading around it. The burlap ribbon looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty,Andrea!! I love the burlap and the pretty sunflower!!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Thanks for joining at Whimsy Stamps: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete