Thursday, 13 November 2014

Whimsie Doodles DT Call

Hi everyone!  
I was soo excited when I saw that Whimsie Doodles were having a design team call. They were the first company I ever bought a digital stamp from when I rediscovered card-making and are my go to company for cute digital stamps. I LOVE their images and own quite a few of them!  I would love to be part of their team.

I wanted to make a couple of cards for my entry instead of linking to a past post. With December just around the corner I just had to make some Christmas cards (I love making x-mas cards!!). For both cards I used one of my favourite Whimsie Doodles images called Snowman.


Card 1 - Warm Hugs and Wishes
 For my first card I kept with the traditional Christmas colours of red and green and threw in some kraft card for extra 'warmth'.  I coloured him in with my copics and added a heart button.  I used Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen on the pom poms and rim of his hat but it's very difficult to pick up in the photos.




 Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles - Snowman Digital Stamp
LOTV Clear Sentiment Stamps - Christmas Wishes Collection
Lil' Inker Designs Die - Stitched Rectangles
MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
Spellbinders Borderabilities A2 Curved Borders One
Woodware Tiny Snowflake Punch
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
erLOTV Krafty Christmas Paper Pad
Bo Bunny Elf Magic Paper Pad
Nitwits - Twas the Night Green Plaid Digital Paper
Ribbon Girl - Plain Red Gosgrain Ribbon
Green Gem and Heart Button from Stash




Here is a close up:
 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Edited to include:
 

Card 2 - Winter Wishes
For my second card I used non-traditional colours for a 'cooler' card!  I also decided to try out a couple of techniques that I have not tried out before - making a shaker and creating my own background paper.  Considering I was watching TV when I made the background paper it didn't turn out too bad - a bit squinty in places, but that makes it even more unique....well thats what I tell myself anyway.

He was also coloured with copics and fuzzy cut.  I used Glamour Dust instead of Wink of Stella on his hat - it shows up so much better in the photos!


 Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles - Snowman Digital Stamp
 LOTV Clear Sentiment Stamp - Christmas Wishes Collection
CuttleBug Snowfall Embossing Folder 
Spellbinders Standard Circles Large
Nitwits Snowfolk Sold Digital Paper
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Island Blue, Sunshine and Green Apple
DecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal
Doodlebug Rainbow Assortment Sequins
Doodlebug Snowflake Sequins
Simon Says Stamp - Sequins Flat Moonshine


Here is a close up :






I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

I am off now to make even more Christmas cards with the new images just released by Whimsie Doodles, which I was lucky enough to win.  They can be found in the What's New
Section.

Thanks for taking the time to look and hopefully see you again soon.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Ax 


9 comments:

  1. I really like how you interpreted our 'ribbon and / or lace' challenge at Crafty Catz. Very creative and really beautifully! Thank you for joining us and don't forget to come back tomorrow and see who is the winner.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love the cards you've made with this Whimsie Doodle snowman. Both are awesome. I like how you did one in blue/green and one in green/red. Both are colored wonderfully and I think that if Whimsie Doodle invites you to join the team, they will be lucky to have you. Your cards are lovely and by making the snowman the center of attention without too 'much' stuff around them, you are showing off the image beautifully. I'm going to search for that Cuttlebug Snowfall Embossing Folder...I think it's fabulous and perfect inside the globe...or it would be great on any scene. Two wonderful cards! Oh, I almost forgot: Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' challenge this month. :) Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail, Thanks for taking time to comment on my cards and for your lovely words - appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't think this Cuttlebug Embossing Folder is available anymore - it is very, very old! I did a quick search and couldn't find it :( It was one of the very first folders I purchased when I got my cuttlebug and first dabbled in card-making! Hugs Ax

      Delete
  3. Wow, gorgeous snowmen cards. Good luck with your DT call and I'm really glad you've joined in with the Snowvember challenge on Squirrel's blog.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea! What an ADORABLE card. You are super creative, and I thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. Please join us again real soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I'd just LOVE to have you play along in these other challenges that would fit your sweet card just perfectly.
    V's Sweet Ideas - www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com - Anything Goes
    Really Reasonable Ribbon - http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges - Holiday/Ribbon

    I hope to see you again real soon. Your cards are SO lovely!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen. I've joined in with these challenges :) Love finding new challenges and seeing everyone beautiful makes. Hugs Ax

      Delete
  5. Such a great project. Thanks so much for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute little snowman cards! Love all your matted layers! Great fabby red bow!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
    Hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous hun, loving these snowmen, thanks so much for joining in at the Snowvember challenge. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete