Monday, 8 December 2014

Twinkly Christmas


Hi everyone,

Another weekend over and only 17 days till Santa arrives - where is the time going?!
I managed to make a quick Christmas card last night for Freshly Made Sketches. I loved Cindy's sketch and really wanted to use a heart but then I remembered I only have wee heart dies and tiny heart stamps!  I didn't fancy trying to cut a heart out myself so opted to go with a star instead!
 
 

I loved the colours in Curtain Call Challenge inspiration photo so decided to create a card with silver, blue and green!  Unusual choice for a star I know!


 
 


For the background I used my Cuttlebug star embossing folder.  I created my main star using die-inlay method and popped a small silver star in the centre with a foam dot. I covered the entire star with some frost sparkle ink . The wee silver accents are actually tiny stars - negative die-cuts from SSS falling stars die. I sprayed the card with some frost shimmer for an ultra sparkly effect!  Unfortunately the photos don't do the sparkle justice! The sentiment was stamped with black ink and heat embossed with crystal embossing powder.



 Supplies:
 Cuttlebug Stars Embossing Folder
Impress Star Frame Nesting Dies
 Simon Says Stamp - Holiday Shapes Die
Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars Die
 Clearly Besotted Stamps - Tag Along Die Collection
 AC Cardstock - Weave
Silver Glitter Paper
LOTV - Christmas Wishes Sentiments
Stampendous Crystal Embossing Powder
Smooch Glitz Sparkle Accent Ink - Frost 
Sheer Shimmer Spritz - Frost

Hopefully you can see the sparkle better in this photo.


Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of your Monday.
Hugs Ax 

3 comments:

  1. Great card and I LOVE the colours! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, this is pretty! I love colors, your starry theme and the bit of shimmer that I can see! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I just love a Twinkly Christmas!!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete