Sunday, 22 March 2015

Chocolate Bunnies

Hi Crafting Friends,

It is my day over at Whimsie Doodles Blog and I have another Easter card to share with you. This sweet image is called Love Chocolate Bunnies and is a FREEBIE, so remember to pop over to the shop and grab yours :)  I really enjoyed making this card, it was nice working with some girly colours and having the time to hand-stitch some borders!  

 Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - Love Chocolate Bunnies
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Background Papers - Old Freebies with Magazine
MFT Die-namics Photo Corners
 Simon Says Stamp - Fossil Ink 
DMC thread Ecru
Adhesive Pearls - Blue and Cream from local craft shop
Burlap and Buttons from Stash

 I coloured the image in with my trusty copics and mounted her on some cardstock and hand-stitched the border with some embroidery thread.  The background papers were free with a craft magazine from ages ago and I thought it was about time I used them! I distressed the edges lightly with some fossil ink and hand-stitched the borders and mounted them onto the card base. To save time and thread I only stitched the edges on the pink background paper that are visible - this is my tip for Top Tip Tuesday.  I added some burlap and some cute easter buttons I have had in my stash for ages. I think the bunny and egg buttons were from doodlebug but I don't think you can get them any more - they are very old!!

 
I would like to link up this card with the following challenges:
Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax


8 comments:

  1. Such a fun, pretty, pastel card. Your patterned paper is the perfect backdrop and I love the touch of burlap. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the burlap, rather finer than the one in my stash, much more girly.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for cute!!!! Love that texture of the burlap and those adorable bunny buttons! You know how to do Easter right! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty image and papers, love the burlap layer too. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just as sweet as can be!! I adore your image, coloring and fun textures on this!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win over at Crafty Gals Corner!
    ♥ Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner – Owner & DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is sooo soooo stinking cute loving those buttons too!
    Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete