Thursday, 12 March 2015

You've been Egged!

Hi Peeps,

Can you believe that we are nearly half way through March, how fast is this year going by?  With Easter just round the corner I thought it was about time I started on my Easter cards and decided to make one for my DT day over at Whimsie Doodles.  The WD shop has an amazing collection of cute Easter/Spring digital stamps.  For my card today I used the EGG_scape image.  I just love this chicken and the fact he is carrying a very large Easter egg AND that he is a FREEBIE - yipee!!    I only used part of the image for my card which I coloured in with copics and cut in out.  I added some doodlebug sprinkles to the Easter egg and some glossy accents. The fab sentiment is part of the Egged Collection also available in store.

 My inspiration for this layout and the card came from Annikarten, I love her style.  I created the yellow dotted frame on a separate piece of card using Spellbinders large circles and large scalloped circles and stuck a strip of die-cut grass to the inside of the the frame.   I also added a strip of die-cut grass to the card base and some die-cut clouds.  I mounted the cute chicken onto the base with small foam dots and then mounted the frame onto the base with foam tape.


Supplies
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - EGG_scape
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - Egged Collection
WPlus( Designer Dies - Sunshine Layers (Cloud)
MFT Die-namics - Grassy Edges
Spellbinders Classic Circles Large
Spellbinders Scalloped Circles Large
Pink Petticoat Digital Paper - Little Polka Dots Dainty Daffodil
Lawn Fawn Into the Woods 6x6 pad
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Bumblebee
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Ladybug
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Limeade
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Swimming Pool
Glossy Accents 

Here is a close of the the main image - hopefully you can see the layering properly.


I would like to link up this card with the following challenges:
Thanks so much for looking, hopefully see you soon.
Hugs Ax

6 comments:

  1. This is a super Easter card. I love this image and your inspiration. Just going to download it, thanks. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Easter card! I like the focal scene you had created, awesome. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your super-cute card:) Thank you so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...this is so cute! Fun scene you've created! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so adorable!! I LOVE it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo cute! Love the fab scene you have created!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Top Tip Tuesday. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete