Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Be Unique

Hi Crafting Peeps,

Well it certainly feels like Winter is on its way here in Sydney.  We've had stormy weather for the last couple of days and its been very dark and wet!  So it seemed appropriate that my card for my Whimsie Doodles post should feature some water!  I decided to use this digi a little differently and make a shaker card.

The fab original image is called School of Fish and yes, the sentiment does come with it :)


I printed the image twice on Xpress It cardstock, with one of the images flipped.  I coloured in three of the cute fishes and the gravel with my copics, cut them out and added some glossy accents to the fishes eyes.  I completely cut out the centre of one of the fish bowls and replaced it with acetate. I lightly inked the card base with some SSS seaglass ink and glued the gravel directly to the base.  I mounted the fish on foam pads. I then put the shaker together with the addition of seed beads.  I added some doodlebug sprinkles as bubbles.  After I had done all that I realised that I had forgotten to print my sentiment onto the cardstock - duh!!!  Hence the stuck on sentiment :(  Never mind....there is always next time!




Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - School of Fish
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Audrey Blue and Seaglass
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Swimming Pool
Seed Beads - White, Crystal and Silver
Glossy Accents



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for visiting. Happy Crafting.
Hugs Ax

10 comments:

  1. love your fun shaker aquarium - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card!! You should link it up with the Craftin Desert Divas "Shaker Project" linky party this week - it's a perfect fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and thanks for letting me know about Craftin Desert Divas, I have now linked up :)

      Delete
  3. Now that's brilliant,, love the shaker that's a great idea and love that you flipping an image too, hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute shaker card! Love your cute fish. Thank you for sharing at ATSM. (Sorry if I've posted this twice, my laptop is playing up)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this card. How completely ADORABLE! Love your little bead shakers and those sweet little fishes! So happy you shared this at Craftin Desert Divas. Have a great weekend! Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love!! Those fishes are so cute!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Kathy
    Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card.bthank youvgor joining us at CFTH challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shaker aquarium IS unique...and mighty darn cute fishes inhabiting it, as well! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is seriously too darn cute! I love how you flipped the one fish around and made him different from the others so it would go perfectly with your sentiment! All of your details are fabulous... LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Craftin Desert Divas "Shaker Project" Linky Party.
    ~ DT Lori

    ReplyDelete