Sunday, 19 April 2015

Flowers Galore

Happy Sunday everyone,

Today I have an 'adult' card to share with you!! Gasp! I thought it was about time I moved away from cute images and critters and actually made a card that featured flowers.  This is a first for me even though I do own some flower stamps!  I think I tend to shy away from this type of card because I can never decide on a layout and on what colours to use and because I don't think my colouring is good enough!

However, the Botanical Love Stamp Set from Create a Smile has been sitting on my desk staring at me for over a month now and I decided it was time to ink it up. I absolutely love their stamp sets and own nearly all of them...or I will once my recent order arrives in the post :)  My inspiration for this card came from Marina Johan who made a absolutely gorgeous watercolour card by randomly stamping some of these fantastic stamps for her background.

For my card I used the awesome sketch from  Freshly Made Sketches.  My colour inspiration came from Curtain Call - Bouquet Challenge.



 


 Here is my card:

 Supplies:
Create a Smile - Botanical Love Stamp Set
Clearly Besotted - Honeycomb Stamp Set 
Cardstock - Black and Purple
Memento - Espresso Truffle Ink
Simon Says Stamp - White Pigment Ink
Stampendous - White Embossing Powder
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Rouge
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Gold
Ranger Stickles - Yellow


I stamped the two flower heads and leaf randomly and coloured them in with my copics. I added some liquid pearl drops to the red flowers and highlighted the centre with some yellow stickles.  I used gold liquid drops on the stamens of the purple flowers.  I stamped three extra leaves on another sheet, coloured them, fuzzy cut them out and glued them directly on top of three leaves for some extra dimension. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and is heat embossed with white embossing powder. I hope you like it.  I was quite pleased on how it came out in the end but definitely need more practice colouring in flowers - they could be better!

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 

Thanks for looking, I hope you have a great day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs Ax

21 comments:

  1. WOW! Andrea this is stunning and super striking. Love all the colours and brilliantly coloured
    Thanks so much for linking up at AAA Cards. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Your colourwork is simply stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Naughty Or Nice Challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Andrea. The flowers are so pretty in the background and the coloring is wonderful. The black strip is perfect with the white embossed greeting. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWIE, zowie!!! Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards, we are very glad that you are sharing your creativity with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is ultra-gorgeous! Your flowers are perfectly coloured and I love the black sentiment - it really is striking! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colouring and design of this card are gorgeous! (I am always envious of people who do *randomly* well.) Thanks for joining us -- again! -- at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flowers, so beautiful!!! Congrats on your win over at Freshly Made Sketches, you definitely deserve it, this card is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully colored flowers and I love the layout, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW gorgeous card hunny fabulous colours too! love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning background! Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Love that stamp set by Create a Smile, and you did a wonderful coloring job on the flowers. Congrats to your win over at FMS and thank you so much for your kind comment on my snowman card. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colouring & sparkly details! Lovely stamp set too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your flowers, the coloring is neat! The little details are thoughtful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AAA CAS Card Challenges. Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea, the flowers are colored beautifully and the extra touches are perfect! I love the placement of the images, and the embossed sentiment really stands out, Fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing, linking up with us and playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really pretty flowers - and you coloured them beautifully! I think your card is a wonderful take on the Curtain Call inspiration photo and it is very Springtime too! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a pretty card. your coloring is WOW! love this. thanks for playing along with curtain call!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous! I love the shading and your coloring! Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month :)
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete