Monday, 6 April 2015

Hippo Good Luck


Hello and Happy Monday,

I hope everyone has had a good long weekend and hasn't make themselves sick on chocolate!!  I have been very good - no easter eggs for me this year!  Anyway today I would like to share a last minute card I made for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches.  I love their sketches but haven't had the time to play along for ages!!



When I saw this weeks sketch by Jen T I knew I wanted to make the half circle a body of water but I wasn't sure where to go with it.  I was browsing some digital stamp sites and came across this happy hippo and an idea came so I just had to buy him!  He is called Diving Hippo and is available from Gerda Steiner Designs.  As per usual the card didn't turn out the way I envisioned and I'm not 100% happy with it but it was great fun to make!



Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs Digital Stamp - Diving Hippo
 Clearly Besotted Clear Stamps - A Little Sentimental
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax
MFT MIX-ables - Waves Stencil
KH Digi - Fun spots Polka Dot Digital Paper
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Bumblebee and Lily White
Doodlebug Sequins - Assortment - White, Blue
Seed Beads - Silver, White, Clear, Gold
Glossy Accents
Acetate 

I coloured him in with copics and added some glossy accents to his goggles - you can just see it in the close-up below.  I also created the water with a stencil and my copics and decided to make a shaker card out of it just for some fun. I hope you like it.

 

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs Ax

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute Andrea!! Love your adorable hippo ... it's the look on his face that just makes me smile! :) Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. This would also be perfect for the CAS Stenciling challenge at Happy Little stampers blog --- hope you'll join us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool and fun shaker card! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! This is so adorable! And I love that the "pool" is actually a shaker! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww he's sooooo cute!!! Love what you did with this design! You're so clever. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so welcome!!! Your stuff is so cute!!! xx Sandi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome!!! Your stuff is so cute!!! xx Sandi Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. a really fun card and he looks cute, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win over at Crafty Gals Corner!
    ♥ Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! love it! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete