Wednesday, 8 April 2015

It's snowing.......somewhere!

Hi Friends,

I hope everyone's week is going well so far.  Christmas is only 260 days away so I thought I better start making my cards -haha!!  I actually love making christmas cards and after taking a break from them since January I thought it was about time to start up again.  Here in Australia we have just put our clocks back so the evenings are dark and winter is approaching...so its feels like a good time for some wintry makes....even though it never gets that cold!  Sigh.... being a Scottish girl I just can't get used to Winter in the middle of the year and Christmas in the summer!

Anyway for this card I used one of my all time favourite winter stamps from LOTV. They have a huge collection of seriously cute winter and Christmas stamps and I own alot of them.  This darling stamp is called Snow Cute.  I coloured the wee penguin in with my copics and added some glitter glue under the image for some icy snow and some liquid pearls as snowdrops. It was then a case of just layering him up with some DP and glitter cardstock and the addition of an icicle border.


Supplies:
LOTV - Snow Cute Stamp
LOTV - Grunge Christmas Postmarks Sentiments
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Large Circles
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Large Scalloped Circles
Marianne Design - Icicle Border
AC Cardstock - Ocean
Nitwits Digital Paper - Polar Pals Snowflake Blue
Ranger Stickles - Diamond Glitter Glue
Ranger Liquid Pearls - White Opal
Glossy Accents
 Glitter Paper - From Stash
Red Gems - From Stash

Here is a close-up of the image


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting, take care.
Hugs Ax

10 comments:

  1. I will never manage to get my head around the fact that Christmas is in the middle of summer over there... Hopefully you will get through the winter all right, and soon it will be summer (and Christmas) for you again! I love your cute little penguin card, the image is so adorable and the background paper is a perfect match for the image. Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Feature a Creature”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love everything about this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous Christmas card, such a cute image and pretty papers.
    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Pauline
    x
    I have Birthday Candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally cute I LOVE the colours too! and Great to see you at ABC Christmas challenge too! yay!
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and cute Christmas card, Andrea, beautiful colours and card design.
    Thanks for joining the G for glitter challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is way too cute! Love the image and beautiful colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you getting a good jump on the holiday season!! Super cute card!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable! Thank you for joining us over at Cute As A Button Stamps Challenge. Hope you join us again and good luck. - Francesca, owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!!!! Thanks for joining us over at Cute As A Button Stamps

    ReplyDelete