Sunday, 10 May 2015

Be Happy

Hi there,

Wow I can't believe it has been a week since my last make.  The days are flying by and I've had no time for crafting until today.  The hubby is away with work this coming week so I'm hoping to get some cards done over the next few days :) 

Anyway I thought it was time to use my Botanical Love stamp set from Create a Smile again - I love it.  I used Cindy H's fab sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my layout.




I decided that I wanted to white emboss the beautiful large flower from the stamp set for a different look.  I coloured in the image with some of my yellow copics (some of you may be gasping!!).....not only did I not like it but I realised why you shouldn't use Copic markers with heat embossed images...sigh!!  It damages the tips!  I was going to throw the image in the scrap heap but then decided to colour one of the petals very, very carefully with some of my YR copics.  I really liked how it came out so decided to very carefully colour in the rest of the image - it took ages, as I was trying not the touch the heat embossed outline!!! Anyway after a few hours of colouring I had finished and all copics bar one, which I had initially used, survived the process. Time to buy a new tip! I wanted my leaves to be white heat embossed too, so I stamped them on vellum paper and coloured the underside! 


I thought it would be fun to carry on with the embossing theme so I used white embossing paste and a scalloped stencil to create a partial and purposefully not perfect textured area on a rectangle panel which I mounted onto the card base.  I cut a square from white cardstock and edged it with Copic E41.  I used sticky dots to adhere the leaves and mounted the flower.  I die cut two fishtails - one with vellum and the other with desert storm cardstock. I white embossed the sentiment onto the cardstock. I had to make the fishtails longer than the cardbase in order to fit the sentiment on, deviating from the sketch a little, I hope that was OK Cindy! I layered the fishtails and adhered them to the base and then mounted the square on top. Finally I added a few adhesive stones to finish the design.

Here is the final result:
Supplies:
Create A Smile Stamps - Botanical Love
MFT Mix-ables Stencils - Scallops
MFT Die-namics Stax - Fishtail Flags Layers
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Creativ - Vellum Paper
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Versamark Ink - Watermark Stamp Pad
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - White
Papermania Adhesive Stones - Silver


 I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Happy crafting,
Hugs Ax

13 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea... your card is so lovely - bright and cheerful and super layering and texture, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful big bold card. Love the background. So glad you shared it with us this week at Just Us Girls. Hope your weather hasn't turned too cold yet. I am up in sunny Cairns visiting so being spoilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful big flower you have put on this gorgeous card and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is SO pretty!!! I love this flower from Create a Smile and i love how you've colored it!! Beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is amazing! Love the texture background, and the beautiful colors in the flower. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and love that bold bloom! It looks amazing against all the white. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the same thing to one of my Copics - it doesn't work well, does it?! I love the beautiful colors in your flower - and it's perfectly backed with the bit of stenciling. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolute perfection! Love this card! Thanks for joining us for our embossing week over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, Andrea, your card is lovely! The blended colours are gorgeous, and the textured background looks great.

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, Andrea, your card is lovely! The blended colours are gorgeous, and the textured background looks great.

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sun is shining! :-) A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card.Love the vibrant colours of the flower.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, the flower is so great against the white background! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week, hope to see you again soon! Pami x

    ReplyDelete