Thursday, 21 May 2015

For You-Hoo

Hello there,

Can you believe it's Thursday already, this week is flying by.  I've added quite a few new stamp sets (new to me) to my collection in the last few months but just don't seem to have enough time to play with them all :(  Hard life I know! Yesterday I challenged myself to make a quick clean and simple card using a new uninked stamp.  I achieved the clean and simple but definitely not the quick part...why does it take me so long to make a card!

I decided to use my new Create a Smile stamp set Friends in the Woods.  The images are so cute and I love the sentiments that come with them.

Here is my card:

 Supplies:
Create a Smile Stamps - Friends in the Woods 
Hero Arts Rubber Stamp - Designer Woodgrain
Lil' Inker Designs - Stitched Mat Circles
AC Cardstock - Weave
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Bazzill - Vellum
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa 
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Versamark Ink - Watermark Stamp pad
Sharpie Marker -Fine Point Black
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Swimming Pool 
Glossy Accents

I stamped the woodgrain design onto vellum using watermark stamp and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I stamped the cute owl with black memento ink, coloured with my copics and fuzzy cut it out. I added some glossy accents to his eyes. The branch was stamped with rich cocoa ink and also fuzzy cut. 

I created an aperture in a piece of white card with circle die.  I layered the branch onto of the vellum, which in turn was layered onto some desert storm cardstock.  I adhered this behind the aperture.  I popped the owl on with some foam pads.  The sentiment was manipulated and stamped in rich cocoa. I then layered this onto some ocean cardstock before adhering to the card base. I also added a few doodlebug sprinkles just because I love them!

I would like the enter this into the following challenges:





 Addicted to CAS - #63 Birds



  Addicted to Stamps -#145 Photo Inspiration









Thanks for visiting, hope you have a great day.
Hugs Ax

9 comments:

  1. Cute image, and the woodgrain effect is so flawless and perfect for the background! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - perfect CAS finish and super cute!
    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how adorable! The woodgrain embossing looks fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable and what a sweet owl:) Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Love the woodgrain and fun sentiment! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable card!! Love the owl!! Thanks for playing with at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete