Friday, 22 May 2015

Love you to the Moon and Back

Hello Friends,

Yipee it's Friday!!  Today I am sharing an out-of-this-world card for my Whimsie Doodles DT post - hehe!

This card came about as I unintentionally created a background which looked a lot like space!...well it did to me anyway!!  I was playing around with my new Tim Holtz Spritzer tool testing it out with my copics and random colours and came up with the background below!  When I realised it looked a like space I remembered the awesome set of digi from Whimise Doodles called Space Cadets
....and the card was born!

Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamps - Space Cadets
Lil' Inker Designs - Stitched Rectangles
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Large Holiday Shapes
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Falling Stars
Sentiment - Computer Generated
Silver Glitter Paper
Copic - Opaque White Paint
Zig Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter Pen
Glossy Accents

To my spritzed backgound I added tiny dots of white copic paint to mimic stars.  I adhered some die-cut glitter stars of various sizes and added some wink of stella for a little sparkle.  I coloured in the moons surface with the spritzer and copics, cut it out and layered it at the bottom of the background panel.

I coloured in the world and the spaceman with copics and fuzzy cut them out and added some glossy accents to the spaceman's suit for dimension.  I adhered the earth with glue and mounted the spaceman with some foam dots.  I generated the sentiment on the computer, cut it out and mounted it with some foam.  I am pleased with how the card turned out :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for visiting, hope you see you again soon.
Hugs Ax


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute and I love the stencilling! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background looks amazing!! Perfect for this little astronaut! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. And your space buddy is a cutie:) Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete