Monday, 25 May 2015

Merry Monday Guest Designer!

Hi Crafting Friends,

Today I am honoured to be a Guest Designer over at Merry Monday - thanks ladies for having me :)

The theme for this week is: To create a card with newsprint on it.



I have to admit I found this theme very challenging, and was struggling for inspiration.  I searched through my stash and found some 12x12 papers from My Mind'e Eye Lost and Found Christmas Collection that had newsprint - whoopie!! This paper collection has a vintage feel....beautiful, but I have never made a vintage looking card before!  I was at a bit of a loss at what to do for my main image and then I found an accessory sheet from the Lost and Found Collection that had some awesome die-cuts..problem solved!


Supplies:
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
AC Christmas Glitter Cardstock - Bronze
AC Christmas Cardstock - Red
MME - Lost and Found Christmas Holly Paper
MME - Lost and Found Christmas Accessory Sheet
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Circles Large
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Scallop Circles Large
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Holiday Shapes
Memento Ink - Toffee Crunch
Ribbons - from stash 
Red Glitter - from Stash
Queen and Co Pearls - Chocolate Delight


I die-cut out a scallop with the newsprint paper and inked the edges with Memento toffee crunch ink. I added some extra red glitter to the sentiment die-cut and mounted it onto red card before mounting onto the scallop.

I lightly inked the edges of some Neenah desert storm cardstock with toffee crunch ink.  I took two ribbons from my stash - one brown and one tea-dyed red ribbon and layered one on top of the other and adhered them to the centre of my card.  I mounted the scalloped sentiment in the centre of the card.  To the ribbon I added two chocolate brown pearl drops.

To finish I die-cut three different sizes of star from bronze glitter paper and randomly glued them around the image.  I hope you like it.  I think it is one of the first cards I have made where there is no stamped image and I didn't do any colouring in!  Thankfully it didn't turn out too bad.

I would like this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
Hugs Ax

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty Andrea. Love the circle in the middle with the red numbers... the tiny red stars look wonderful on Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect! You would never know this was a struggle for you!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you do vintage very well, Andrea! I love how you've cut the newsprint and the sparkly stars and shaped circles! Thanks so much for joining our Design Team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - I love the vintage look you have created. Congratulations on your GD spot this week.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card looks fabulous - vintage yet still clean. Thanks for rocking my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this - it's clean and simple, but with a wonderful warm vintage tone. I think the way you've used the ribbon and the newsprint is fab - great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vintage yet CAS card for this challenge! Great job! Thanks for joining us as GD this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really caught my eye, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas card is beautiful Andrea. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely vintage design! love the plaid ribbon and sparkly stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. magnifique et originale création Andrea, élégante et charmante, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. You nailed the vintage look with the warm color scheme and the gingham ribbons. Your card is terrific! Thanks for sharing it with us at 52CCT - I hope you'll come back again soon and join us for another challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is completely gorgeous! So glad to have you as our Guest Designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Was great joining you all, everyone has been super sweet. x

      Delete
  14. Love the vintage feel of your fabulous card! Thrilled to have you as our Guest Designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, really enjoyed being part of the team. x

      Delete
  15. Love this layout, so glad you joined us as a GD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to Merry Monday as our Guest Designer this week, great to have you join us. I love the glittery stars and how you incorporated the newsprint in your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, you have all been so sweet with your comments. x

      Delete