Sunday, 17 May 2015

You make me Smile

Happy Sunday,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I spent all day yesterday playing around with my craft stuff and had great fun.  Apart from making a massive mess, I managed to create one card!  I was hoping to actually finish more than one....but at least I have some ideas for my next few cards :) 

There are so many great challenges around at the moment, I just wish I had more time so I could play all of them! The Fusion Challenge caught my eye this week and I just had to join in. 

I love the yellow and grey combo and the inspiration photo.  The writing in the background made me want to use my MFT Romantic script background stamp which has been lying in my drawer uninked!  I also decided it was time to use my MFT Gerbera Daisy too and what better colour to use than yellow.   I have seen a few cards in blog-land that have used a frame alongside the daisy and loved the look, so decided to give it a try.

Here is my card:


Supplies:
MFT Rubber Stamp - Romantic Script BG
Simon Says Stamp - You Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp - Craft Die You
MFT Die-namics - Gerbera Daisy
MFT Die-namics - Rectangle Frames
Simon Says Stamp - Smoke Cardstock
Pink Petticoat Digital  Paper - Pretty Printemps Pack
X-Press It Blending Cardstock
 Bazzill - Vellum
Memento Ink - London Fog
Hero Arts - Butter Bar
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark
Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
ZigWink of Stella - Clear Pen
Ribbonz - Satin Ribbon Silver 6mm
DMC - Silver Glitter Thread
Doodlbug Sprinkles - Silver
Doodlebug  Sequins -Yellow Assortment
Doodlebug Sequins - White Assortment
Darice Sequins - Moonshine Flat 
Copics

I began by white embossing the MFT romantic script stamp onto Bazzill vellum. I layered it onto a piece of white card. I cut out MFT rectangle frame and layered it onto my embossed image, incorporating my sentiment. I attached a piece of grey ribbon to the back of the frame.  The 'you' was die-cut from yellow paper.

I die-cut the daisy with yellow paper and x-press it card.  I coloured the two bottom petal layers with my copics.  The top petal layer and the flower centre were cut from yellow paper. The petals were sponged with butter bar ink, while the centre was sponged with butter bar and spiced marmalade distressed ink.  I added clear wink of stella to the flower centre. I placed some silver thread behind the daisy and adhered it to the rectangle frame.
For the card base I used SSS Smoke cardstock and layered light grey dotted paper from Pink Petticoat on top. I mounted the rectangle frame on the base, and added some sequins.

I hope you like it :)

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Thanks for visiting, I hope you have a great day.
Happy crafting,
Hugs Ax

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!!! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! A gorgeous flower and lots white; it's stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete