Monday, 1 June 2015

You Colour my World

Hi Friends,

Happy first of June, I can't believe we are half way through the year!

Today I would like to share a card I created  for the Create a Smile Stamps GD call - any excuse to get out my Create a Smile goodies. I adore their products (and own alot of them!) so thought I would try my luck and apply.  Talking of goodies, I finally received my Sending Sunshine kit on Friday - yipee!  I had a little play with the stencil and stamps yesterday but haven't actually made a card with it...yet.  My card today features one of the older sets called Jungle Fever.  The little humming bird was just asking to be coloured in with my brand new polychromo pencils. I picked up the full set of 120 on sale and this is their first outing!




For my card layout I decided to use this awesome sketch by Karren at Freshly Made Sketches.

And here's my card -

Supplies:
Create a Smile Stamps - Jungle Fever
Core'dinations Textured Cardstock - Midnight Black
Simon Says Stamp Cardstock - White Woodgrain
Faber-Castell - Polychromos
Copic Sketch Marker - B21 Sky Blue
Tim Holtz - Spritzer Tool
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black 
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Green Apple
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Green Leaf
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Sunshine
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Doll Pink
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Gold
Zig Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter
Zig Wink of Stella - Gold Glitter

A close up of the gorgeous bird and flowers:
The flowers and the bird were coloured with polychromos, fuzzy cut out and then layered onto the blue background. I created the background by lightly spritzing a piece of card with copic B21.

I really enjoyed using my pencils and am pleased with how the little humming bird turn out since this was my first attempt with my polychromos.  I hope you like the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for visiting, happy Monday everyone.
Hugs Ax

6 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful card Andrea:) Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Andres, I love the Woodgrain card and used for the beautifully coloured image with wonderful colours!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Gorgeous!! Love your coloring!! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! beautiful creation using bright colors, and love that textured card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pleasure to look at!

    ReplyDelete