Sunday, 30 August 2015

Besties

Hi Friends,

Can you believe that another weekend is nearly over, as is this month! With that came the realisation that I had not created a card for this months Progressive Challenge over at Gerda Steiner Designs - argghh, how did that happen! Thankfully I had some time to craft on Friday night and today...and just as well because it took all that time to put this card together!  It ended up being one of these cards where everything goes wrong :(  I won't bore you with the details but let's just say it took four attempts to colour this image in....and that was just the start!

I wanted to play along with my favourite sketch challenge  Freshly Made Sketches too so used Narelle's fabulous layered sketch for this card.  I do love alot of layers.



Here is what I eventually managed to put together:

  Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs - Snoozing Puppy Digital Stamp
Reverse Confetti Stamps - Fancy Word Coordinates
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots
Nitwit Digital Paper - Winter Wishes Collection - Plaid
Jenni Bowlin Digital Paper - Snowy Weather Collection
Memento Ink - London Fog
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Fossil
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Caribbean Blue
Copic Multi Liner - 0.3 Black
Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles - Lily White
Ranger - Glossy Accents
Wooden Heart from Stash

This darling image from Gerda Steiner Designs is called Snoozing Puppy, and I received it for free as I played along in last months challenge :) The puppy and wee mouse look so comfy and cozy and the face on the mouse is brilliant...soo cute. 

Anyway, I coloured the image in with my copics, stamped the sentiment from Reverse Confetti below in London Fog Ink and used a MFT stitched circle to die-cut it out. 

I wanted my card to have a cozy feel so decided to use a plaid paper with warm blue and brown tones - it reminds me of a blanket I used to have. I matched this up with some warm kraft paper. I inked the edges of each piece to give more definition.  These were layered onto my base layer which is the debossed side of a piece of white card which I foam mounted onto the base.  I added some enamel dots and a wooden heart to embellish.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it. Happy crafting.
Hugs Ax

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, adorable image...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you showcase the super cute Gerda Steiner Designs image - thanks for joining us at CIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total sweetness! I adore the image and your,coloring is terrific! Thanks for sharing it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! Love that image and your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card. thank you for joining us at crafty gals corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so delightful! The soft colors and patterns work so well together! So glad you were inspired by Cupcake Inspirations' layers challenge! Hope to see you again!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete