Sunday, 16 August 2015

Deck the Halls

Hi there,

I hope you are having a great weekend.  I would like to share a card I make for Merry Monday, MFT Summer School and Freshly Made Sketches! 

When I saw the current challenge at Merry Monday was pastels I thought I would give it a wide berth as I tend to go for bright, bold colours and didn't know where to begin with pastels. However, after reading one of MFT summer school lessons on colour saturation I thought..why not give pastels a go and challenge myself.  After spending a long, long time looking through my supplies and colours I decided to ink up my ornament banner builder by MFT and shockingly to use some inks for this card instead of my usual copic colouring.  I thought the current sketch at  Freshly Made Sketches would be perfect for the ornaments.


 Here is what I came up with:

Supplies:
MFT Stamps - Ornament Banner Builder
MFT Die-namics - Ornament Banner
MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layer Stax
Papertrey Ink - Linen Impression Pate
Hero Arts Ink - Pastel Blue, Soft Pool, Soft Cantaloupe
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Mint, Smoke
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles - Spring Assortment
Papermania Adhesive Stones - Silver
Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Pen - Clear

For some background texture I used a linen impression plate by PTI. I lightly sponged this with pastel blue ink. I then added some clear wink of stella to the sponged blue area. I also sponged a strip of plain white card with SSS mint ink for the bottom of the card.  The ornaments were stamped with Hero Arts Soft Pool, Soft Cantaloupe Ink and SSS Mint Ink and a tiny silver stone was added to each. For the sentiment and the banner strip I used SSS Smoke Ink.

I'm not quite sure if I like the card or not but at least I achieved a soft pastel look :)

I would also like to link this card up with:
Thanks so much for visiting,Hugs Ax


7 comments:

  1. Love the texture on the background and those fun ornaments, Andrea! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super neat, loving your baubles and the softly coloured background. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle Christmas. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty string of pastel baubles, Andrea! Love that textured background too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty - soft and peaceful! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday and Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Your experiment with a new technique worked brilliantly. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! Be sure to join us again next week as we have a fun celebration planned for our 200th sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and beautiful!! Love the textured background for your string of pretty baubles!! So glad you were able to join in the fun with us at Merry Monday!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love playing with sketches, but I'm no good at using non traditional colors for Christmas designs, but absolutely love what you've created here! So clean, delicate and festive!

    ReplyDelete