Monday, 28 September 2015

Autumn Blessings

Hello there,

Today I have an Autumn card to share with you that I made for this weeks Freshly Made sketches. It been about a month since I was last able to play along (where does the time go!) so was pleased I had some time this weekend to craft :)




Supplies:
HOTP - Feathers Stamp Set
Clearly Besotted Stamps - Autumn Blessings
MFT Die-namics - Blueprint 13
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Simon Says Stamp Cardstock - White Woodgrain
Double Sided Adhesive Paper
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Orange Peel, Sunshine, Green Apple, Beanstalk, Green Leaf
MFT Ink - Daffodil
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Ripe Persimmon, Fired Brick
Burlap, String and Button - From Stash
Zig Wink of  Stella Glitter Pen - Clear
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Gold 4mm

I'm not sure why but I got the urge to ink up my unused feather stamp set from HOTP which was a free gift. I know it would have been more appropriate to use leaves but well, I like to be different! I sponged each stamp with three colours before stamping onto white card. I then fuzzy cut them out and give them a light coating with a clear wink of stella pen.

I adhered a piece of burlap to some double sided adhesive paper and then die-cut it out using a fishtail from blueprints 13. I adhered the fishtail to a stitched rectangle of white woodgrain card. I used string a button from my stash to create the border at the top of the card.  I stamped one of the sentiments from Autumn Blessings Stamp set onto to end of a stitched fishtail using Rich Cocoa ink and glued to just under the string on the right hand side of the card.  I then arranged to feathers and adhered them under the button. I mounted this panel to my card base and lastly added some gold sequins for a little extra bling :) I hope you like it.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for popping by,
Hugs Ax

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Your colors are beautiful! Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Monday blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These leaves are gorgeous and I love how you've arranged them on your card! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of the sketch! I love the colorful feathers on the burlap topped with the rustic button. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn card! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete