Saturday, 26 September 2015

Flying By

Hi Friends,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Today I would like to share a card I make for Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge. Her digi's are so cute and such fun to colour in. The image we got to play with this month is called Mouse on a Broom, just look at the face on the spider - hehe, too funny.


Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs Digital Stamp - Mouse on Broom 
MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 20
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Falling Stars
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Holiday Shapes
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Broken China, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire
Core'dinations Cardstock - Midnight 
Uniball Signo Pen - Pigment White
Ranger Glossy Accents



I coloured the image in with my copics and added some glossy accents to the spider before fuzzy cutting it out. I then cut out a square piece of white card and created the night sky by sponging three colours of distress inks. Believe it or not this is only the second time I have used my distress inks to create a background. With previous cards I have always just used my copics.  It took a couple of attempts before I was satisfied with how it looked, and I'm sure with more practice I'll get better at blending various colours together.  Once it was coloured I used foam pads to attach the image. 

I decided that this night scene was going to be full of stars, as opposed to the usual Halloween scene with a big yellow full  moon. I used my dies to cut out stars of various sizes in both silver glitter card and white card.  I also used my white pigment pen to added some more dot stars.  I think I may have gone slightly overboard  :)

As we do not celebrate Halloween here in Oz and I don't ever send Halloween cards I thought I would use a more generic sentiment. I typed out the sentiment and printed it onto white card and used a banner die from blueprints 20 to die cut it out. I foam mounted it in the top right hand corner.


4 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwww, I can´t say how much I love this card!!! Your colouring is amazing!!!!!!!!! And the scene is so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love the blended background and your mousy on a broom! So cool! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just flying by to say how much I love your card! :) Thank you for playing along in my little Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! I love this. Absolutely LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing along with the No Patterned Paper Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete