Monday, 5 October 2015

Forest Friend

Hi Friends,

Just popping in quickly to link up this card with The Card Concept before I go to bed and before the linky closes!!  I promise I will be back in the morning with more info on this card...........OK, I'm back! 

It's been a while since I last joined the challenge over at the Card Concept primarily because I never have enough time to craft and it takes me so, so, so long to make a card.  I'm sure the average crafter can make about 5 cards in the time it takes me to make one! Anyway when I saw the challenge was Forest Friends I just had to make time to play along.. I'm a sucker for cute images, especially critters.





Here is my card, which fits perfectly into the clean and layered category...my favourite style :)


Supplies:
Avery Elle Clear Stamps - More Stories
Lawn Fawn Clear Stamps - Joy to the Woods
Avery Elle Dies - More Stories 
Lawn Fawn Dies - Joy to the Woods
Mama Elephant Creative Cuts - Basic Set
WPlus9 Designer Dies - Sunshine Layers
MFT Die-namics - Grassy Edges
WRMK Embossing Folder -  Woodgrain
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Uniball Signo Pigment Pen - White 
I decided to ink up my More Stories stamp set from Avery Elle for this card as I really wanted to use the fox and I thought to mushroom and leaves would be perfect for my autumn forest scene!

I began by lightly sponging some Tumbled Glass onto white cardstock. I then stamped all the elements onto copic friendly card, coloured them with my copics and die-cut them out using complementary dies. I then glued to tree to my sponged cardstock before die-cutting a rectangle. I also used the rectangle to die-cut my grassy edges. I glued the mushroom in front of the trees but used foam pads to mount the fox and the grass. I then glued down the falling autumn leaves. I took another piece of white card, used scalloped rectangle die in mama elephant basic set and then embossed it. I foam mounted this onto my card base before finally mounting my forest scene.
I realised once all this was done that I had not included a sentiment, but decided not to add one.

 This card was also inspired by Inkspirational Challenges Photo Inspiration
  











And I would also like to link this card up with: 
That's it from me today, enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax

7 comments:

  1. Loved the colours of the scene. Hope I could make such cards.
    Loved your colouring too....Though your card is inspired by the concept,i was inspired by your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love your coloring technique! Very pretty and crisp! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of coloring on your cute forest scene!! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the clean lines of your beautiful card!! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable card. Neatly executed. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card!
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog! Be sure to check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet and beautifully stamped scene. .Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete