Saturday, 17 October 2015

Hey There Mr Squirrel

Hi,

I am so glad the weekend is finally here, here is hoping I can squeeze in some crafting since I don't have too much planned.  Anyway today I would like to share a card with you that I have been working on all week!  I finally managed to finish it last night.

When I saw the current challenge at Cupcake Inspirations was forest friends I really wanted to play along. It was also a great excuse for me to use my recently purchased Gerda Steiner Designs Happy Fall Clearstamp Set which features a super cute squirrel. I was also inspired by rich autumn/fall colours. Thankfully I managed to finish my card just before the linky closed - phew!



I created the little scene by using three different stamps from the set. I then coloured in the scene with my copics and added some black enamel accents to the squirrels nose. I used a stitched rounded rectangle to cut it out.

When I started this card I had no layout in mind and kept on chopping and changing my mind.  I have a new found love for burlap so decided to use it once again on this card. I thought it would be great to pair up the natural burlap with a burlap embossing folder for lots of texture. After playing about with layouts I finally attached the natural burlap with a double sided adhesive sheet to my embossed cardstock and then decided I didn't like it.  Out came my largest stitched square die and thus my card ended up being around 4x4 inches! I ended up keeping the rest of the design simple as my creativity left me. I only added a strip of DP and my sentiment to finish.


Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs - Happy Fall Clear Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp - Talk Bubbles 2 Clear Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Stitched Squares
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Round Rectangle Stax
Taylored Expressions Embossing Folder - Burlap
Natural Burlap from local store-
Elephant Double Sided Adhesive Paper
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ranger Enamel Accents - Black

I would play to play along with the following challenges:
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
Thanks for popping by today, have a great weekend.
Hugs Ax 

13 comments:

  1. This is so delightful! I just love the different textures with the burlap and the embossing! So glad you were inspired by this week's Forest Friends challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this squirrel is one of my favorites - love how you added the burlap - thanks so much for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an ADORABLE fellow!! Love your coloring on him and the burlap is a lovely touch! :) Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hope you will play again! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling! I love all the textures! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, this is stinkin' cute! Love the image and the layout! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable! Your coloring is fantastic! The burlap is the perfect touch! So happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, wonderful coloring and like all your texture! Glad you joined us at House of Cards. Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM and House of Cards!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Andrea! What an adorable card. I love the burlap background and texture! Beautiful coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us at the House of Cards challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is adorable! Love the burlap background, the embossed texture and that super cute image! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEK! This is SO SO SO SO SO adorable! I LOVE the clean feel, the amazing coloring, and fabulous textures! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this is soooooo cute! your coloring rocks and your choice of textures is spot on!

    Toni
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete