Sunday, 25 October 2015

Polar Pals

Hi Friends,

Today I would like to share another Christmas card with you.  This one was inspired by the current challenge over at Merry Monday, where the theme is frame it.




Here is my card:
Supplies:
MFT Stamps - Cool Days
MFT Die-namics - In & Out Stitched Rounded Square Stax
MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 20
Memory Box Die - Crystalline Border
Simon Says Stamp Stencil - Falling Snowflakes
Sweet Shoppe Design Digital Kit - Tis the Season - Joy
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Orange Peel
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - White
Ranger Enamel Accents - White 
Ranger Enamel Accents - Black 

I couldn't resist using these adorable polar bears from MFT Birdie Brown - I love them and, I thought they were a perfect duo to frame!  I stamped the smaller bear first, masked him and then stamped the larger bear. I love all the rich autumnal colours around and thought it would be fun to use a non-traditional colour combo on this card, with deep orange being the main colour. I coloured these handsome chaps in with my copics and added black enamel to their noses and white enamel to the pom poms on their hats. I then fuzzy cut them out.

I created the frame using MFT stitched rounded sqaure stax. From my scrap stash a found a piece of  blue snowflake paper which I though would be perfect for the background. I used a double layer of foam tape to mount the frame onto the backing paper. Firstly though I cut the legs off the bears and slipped them in and then popped foam dots behind their heads. Once in place I added some tiny enamel dots to the centre of each snowflake. I also adhered some small snowflakes from crystalline border.

This picture below gives a better indication of the depth and dimension.


I created a snowy background using white embossing paste and snowflake stencil. I cut this slightly smaller than the card base and mounted in on with some foam tape. I had a random strip of green copic coloured card which I decided to attached to my background before mounting the frame on top. The sentiment was stamped in SSS orange peel ink and I used a fishtail from blueprints 20 to die cut it out.  

I would also like to link this card up with the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax 

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love your vibrant colours and your expert colouring!! Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the non-traditional orange paired with the traditional red and green! It looks fantastic!! Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome card, love the image you used and your framing. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Andrea, I love texture on the background. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, bright, vivid colors and a perfect frame! Love, love, love this, Andrea! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done here, Andrea, beautiful colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, hope to see you again.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beyond cute! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! And great coloring!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my word how cute is this!!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww how cute, you've reminded me that I have this set too-must dig it out again, thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just adorable!! Love your coloring, the cute image, and the polka dot background. So glad you could play along with us at Lia Stampz!

    ReplyDelete