Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Smiley Santa

Hi Friends,

I would like to share a Christmas card with you which was inspired by Tag You're It Challenge.  In my usual style I am linking up at the last minute! This seems to becoming a habit, a bad one at that! I blame the fact that it takes my absolutely ages to make a card as I am constantly chopping and changing my mind.  Anyway here is the inspiration tag. That Santa is hilarious :)



Here is what I came up with:


Supplies:
Gerda Steiner Designs Clear Stamps - Holiday Friends
Lil' Inker Designs - Anytime Tags
MFT Die-namics - Blueprints 15
Lawn Fawn Dies - Stitched Hillside Borders
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Stitched Squares
Simon Says Stamp Dies - Holiday Shapes
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Snowfall -Discontinued
Memory Box Stencil - Tiny Snowflakes
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - White
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Zig Wink of Stella Pen - Clear
Zig Wink of Stella Pen - Gold
Harris Tweed Fabric - Red
Tim Holtz String - Red

I was inspired to use my recently purchased Santa stamp from Gerda Steiner Designs Holiday Friends Stamp set.  I coloured him with my copics and fuzzy cut him out. I added wink of stella to the trim on his outfit.

I die cut a tag out of desert storm cardstock and used my tiny snowflakes stencil and white embossing paste to create a snowy scene. I then die-cut a snowy base for santa and glued it on. I used foam pads to mount Santa onto the tag.  I added a die-cut star coloured with gold wink of stella to the top right hand corner.  I then threaded some red string through the tag.

I used desert storm cardstock to create my base and then used the large stitched rectangle from blueprints 15 to cut out a panel of white card. I used one of my favourite winter embossing folders using the debossed side for my card. I attached this rectangle to my card base.  I felt my card needed something else and played around for a while until I found a small piece of harris tweed that had previously been the inside of a coaster.  I used a stitched square to die-cut a piece. I then glued this onto my cardbase and mounted the tag on top using some foam tape and glossy accents.  Finally I added some gold wink of stella to some of the small debossed snowflakes.

I would also like to link this card up with :
Thanks so much for visiting, enjoy the rest of your day. I'm off to do some more colouring :)
Hugs Ax

9 comments:

  1. OMG, I love that cute tag card!!! Great coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very darling is this!!! Love your coloring here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Andrea! Love the textured tag background and that sweet little Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on Kelly’s tag! Love your little santa snow scene with stars! Adorable Andrea! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag you're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your sweet Santa and how you added the fabric to your card - thanks for sharing your beautiful creation at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love it all, especially your coloring! Thank you for playing along at TYI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, I'm crushing all over your sweet little Santa, who you've coloured wonderfully! The snowy scene only adds to the WOW factor! Simply and absolutely adorable! So thrilled you shared this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete