Friday, 18 March 2016

Easter Critters

Hi Friends,

It's Challenge time once again over at Whimsie Doodles and our theme this month is 'Calling All Critters.'   Critter cards are one of my all time favourites - I love cute animals and definitely have a thing for bunnies!  I decided to use this fab easter image called Carrot Cart since Easter is nearly upon us.

Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - Carrot Cart
Doodlebug Designs Paper Pad - Sunkissed
Pink Petticoat Digital Paper - Dots Fresh Celery
Taylored Expressions Embossing Folder - Burlap
MFT Die-namcs - Inside and Out Stitched Round Square Stax
MFT Die-namcs - Grassy Fields
Memory Box Dies - Puffy Clouds
Ranger Enamel Accents - Black
Green Gingham Ribbon - from stash

As this image is quite colourful and detailed I decided to keep the rest of the card clean and simple. I coloured the image in with my copics and added some black enamel accents to the bunnies nose and eye. I added some extra grass and some fluffy clouds for extra dimension.  I then die cut the scene using a MFT stitched square and mounted this onto a larger stitched square.  I directly embossed the card base and attached the ribbon by cutting slots in each side of the base and adhering the ribbon on the inside of the card.  I then layered it all up as shown.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks so much for taking the time to pop by. Have a great day.
Hugs Ax

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card, love the coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vibrant scene agains the soft background! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete