Monday, 25 April 2016

CAS Flower Card

Hi Friends,

I have finally been able to make a non-DT card after a extremely long hiatus from crafting! I can't believe that in the last five months I have only made a few DT cards! Life definitely got in the way as did a complete loss of creativity.  Anyway, I made the time to make a card yesterday (albeit a CAS one!) with a few challenges in mind in order to try and get back on the crafting wagon!

My card today was inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the fabulous colours at Color Throwdown 389.




I wanted to move away from all the cute images I have been using lately so pulled out one of my favourite flower stamp sets.  I used my copics to colour the images in and die-cut them out.  The sentiment in from a mini word stamp set I have had for years and I have no idea where I got it from - sorry.
Supplies:
Papertrey Ink - Doodlie-Do Stamps
Papertrey Ink - Doodlie-Do Die Collection
Simon Says Stamp - Lots of Dots Stamp Set
MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
Sweet Shoppe Digital Paper - M Bennett Worn Out
Simon Says Stamp Ink - Doll Pink
 Pretty Posh Sequins - 4mm Clear
Basic Grey Enamel Dots - Orange
Jewellery String - Green


This card also fits the current theme over at the Curtain Call Challenge which is Simplicity, so I would like to link my card up there too.

Thanks so much for popping by,
Hugs Ax

5 comments:

  1. I hate it when life gets in the way of crafting!! Glad you are able to craft again! LOVE your use of the sketch. I had decided not to get those doodlie-do stamps, but seeing what you've done with them just put them back on my wishlist! Thank your for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flowers!! Great use of the sketch and colors!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flower card!! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Andrea. Love the flower and the colors... the candy dot looks great in the middle. Also love the chevron panel. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete