Friday, 29 April 2016

Hang in There

Hi There,

Yipee, it's Friday which means the weekend is nearly here :) I'm excited that I should (hopefully) have some spare time to craft tomorrow - maybe I might even get another card posted :) 

Today I would like to share a Whimsie Doodles creation that was inspired by both Cupcake  Inspirations Challenge 357 and the current sketch challenge over at the The Paper Players.
I have this thing for ladybugs and love red and black together so was excited to play along.  We have a couple of fantastic ladybug images in the Whimsie Doodles store and the one I used for my card today is a freebie! The image is called Hang in There and can be found here.




Here's my card.

Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - Hang in There
Papetrey Ink Impression Plate - Linen
Lil' Inker Design Dies - Stitched Mats Long and Skinny Rectangles
MFT Die-namics - Tag Builder Blueprints 4
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax
Doodlebug Designs Paper Pad - Hip Hip Hooray
MFT Stamps Paper pack - Dots and Stripes Neutral
Ranger Enamel Accents - Black
Ranger Glossy Accents
Red Jewellery String

I coloured the image in with my copics and added some glossy accents to his nose and some black enamel accents to his spots. I die cut the image with a stitched circle.  I embossed the card base with a linen impression plate and then adhered some green, red and black scrap pieces of paper to the left hand after adding some red string.  The sentiment was computer generated and die-cut out.

I would also like to play along with the following challenges:
Thanks so much for popping by, I appreciate the visit.
Hugs Ax

11 comments:

  1. An adorable card Andrea, a lovely design with super colours and papers.........your image is adorable with super circular image with acute images and details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, this is adorable! I love the bright mix of patterns and that little ladybug hanging on! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea your card is adorable and your chosen papers compliment your fun image perfectly! Thanks for including the link to the image too - I'm off to hunt it down! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! That little ladybug is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your card Andrea. Love your coloring, and the bright and beautiful selection of pattern and colors!
    Fantastic job!
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players !

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK... I NEED that stamp! What a fabulous image and so beautifully colored. So glad you joined us at the paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars! I'm totally smitten with and crushing over your ladybug image! Ultra cute! The papers, layers and the wee ladybug embellishment...awesome! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Cupcakes Inspiration gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halo Andrea
    your card is so so cuuutee
    I love the image and the coloring is perfecto
    lovely use the sketch too
    beautifully made
    Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
    Hugs
    Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just too cute! Love the little ladybug embellishment as well as the perfect pattern papers! So glad you were inspired to join our Ladybug Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, this card is absolutely adorable and funny! Great use of patterned papers and so beautiful colouring! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete