Sunday, 8 May 2016

Mother's Day Flowers

 Hi Friends,

Happy Mother's Day to all mummies out there.  Today I would like to share the card I made for mum's day which was inspired by both the The Card Concept and Fusion Card Challenge. When I saw the current Spring Flowers Challenge at the Card Concept I thought it was time to make another flower based card. However, I could not decide on what colour to go with until I saw the Sweet Orange Blossom Challenge at Fusion Cards. I loved the fresh orange flowers....so orange it was!



I used the beautiful, delicate flowers from the AlteNew Persian Motif stamp set for this card. I have owned this stamp set for about a year but this was the first time I have had the opportunity to ink it up! I love these flowers :)

I also thought it was time to try out another colouring medium so out came my Faber-Castell Polychromo pencils.  I was lucky enough to pick up the full set of 120 quite a few months ago on sale but, I'm afraid to say I have never really used them!  This card was a practice run for me.

I kept this card very simple with minimal embellishments as I wanted the flowers to have centre stage.
 
Supplies:
AlteNew Stamps - Perisan Motifs 
Memento Ink - London Fog
MFT Die-namics - Tag Builder 4
 Simon Says Stamp Cardstock - Fog 
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Lime Sorbet 4mm
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Create a Smile Snowdance Mix
Zig Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen - Clear

The flowers were stamped on a piece of white cardstock using London Fog Ink and then coloured. I then added some clear wink of stella for some shimmer.  I generated the sentiment on the computer and printed it out in Grey.  I used a flag from MFT die-namics tag builder set to cut out the sentiment. I trimmed this and mounted it to the card using foam tape. I adhered a couple of sequins before mounting the image onto a SSS Fog cardstock card base.

I would also like to link up with the following challenges:
Thanks so much for popping by,
Hugs Ax

7 comments:

  1. Suoerb colouring with the pencils and love the gorgeous orange, thanks for joiining TCC and Fusion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Love those beautifully shaded orange flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Chard Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are gorgeous! You colored them beautifully. I love the cheerful colors.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Celebrate Mom challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, your blending is so subtle and beautiful! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card with my favourite Altenew flowers. Your design and colours perfection.

    ReplyDelete