Monday, 31 October 2016

HapBee Hello

Hi Friends,

I hope you are all well. Summer is well on its way here in Sydney, the days are getting longer and the temperature is rising! So for my DT card for Whimsie Doodles I decided a fresh summery card was in order.  It was time to colour up this adorable bee - I love it. This image is called 'Pollen for You' and can be found here.

Supplies:
Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamp - Pollen for You
MFT Stamps - Label Maker Sentiments 
Doodlebug Design Paper Pad - Sunkissed
MFT Die-namics - Label Tape
Taylored Expressions Dies - Build a Scene Rolling Clouds
MFT Die-namics - In and Out Stitched Rounded Square Stax 
MFT Die-namics - Grassy Hills 
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Ranger Glossy Accents 
Daisy Embossing Folder

I coloured the image in with my copics and added some rock candy to the wings and some glossy accents to his nose. I then fuzzy cut the image out.  For the background scene I used some die-cut clouds as a template to sponge a cloudy sky.  I then die-cut a grassy hill from some grassy DP paper.  I created a white frame using two stitched rounded square dies, which I then mounted to frame the scene. I stamped the sentiment in black ink used the corresponding die to cut it out. I adhered this to the side of the frame.  I created an embossed white daisy background using a die I picked up in the dollar store. I mounted this to the card base and then mounted my frame on top.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks so much for popping by,
Hugs Ax

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! How adorable is your flower-toting bee with his wonderfully shimmery wings! What a delightful way to 'make your mark'; thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery! Hard to imagine you're gearing up for summer while we're doing the same for winter. I'm not ready for the down jacket yet, but guess I'd better be as the air has a definite chill...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. Love the cute image! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet bee, Andrea. I love how you framed him over the embossed background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this wekk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Wonderful colourd, super cute image. Great design!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick DT

    ReplyDelete