Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Prehistoric

Hi Friends,

I finally managed to finish my card and just in the nick of time for the MFT sketch challenge.  Phew! Bubs and housework aren't giving me much time to craft and it has taken me three days to put this card together!

This is my second card recently featuring a dinosaur. I love these critters, they are perfect images for masculine cards, which I always struggle with.  This time I have used the awesome stamp set 'Prehistoric Fun' from MFT. Don't you just love the sentiment?!


Supplies:
MFT Stamps - Prehistoric Fun
MFT Die-namics - Prehistoric Fun
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Large Circles
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Basic Edges
MFT Die-namics - Grassy Hills
Simple Stories 6x6 Paper Pad- Sn@p Color Vibe
Ranger Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles - Bon Bon 
Ranger Glossy Accents
Wooden Star - from stash

I coloured the dinosaur with my copics and added some glossy accents to his spots. I mounted him onto the scene using a different depths of foam pads to give the scene more dimension.  The sky was created with sponged tumbled glass ink and I used some patterned paper and green card stock to create the grass.  I created the brown frame by using two dies - a larger stitched circle and a small circle die. I kept the stitched theme with both the edging and the flag. 

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks so popping by, have a great day.
Hugs Ax

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL craftsmanship!! Adore everything about this Dino card!Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Bit O’ Green” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! This is just adorable, Andrea, love that cute dino and the sentiment soooo much! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice this month, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Naughty or Nice, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your coloring on the dino, and how you've mounted him on the card - really great execution! Great color combo too. Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you coloured this guy, and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges

    ReplyDelete