Heffy Doodle - Easy Peasy Card

Hi Friends,

I would like to share an easy peasy card I made for the Heffy Doodle Facebook Challenge.  This is probably the quickest card I have ever made, mainly because the background was leftover from a previous card and I had coloured up my critters a long time ago!!  It felt good to use up some leftover supplies and for a card to come together so quick.  I usually take a long, long time to make even a simple card.

This card is also perfect for entry into the current Seize the Birthday Challenge, where the theme is By the Sea.



Supplies:
Heffy Doodle Stamps - Oceans of Love
Heffy Doodle Dies - Oceans of Love
Heffy Doodle Stamps - Shellabrate
Lil' Inker Designs - Dual Stitched Mats Oval
Lawn Fawn Dies - Stitched Hillside Borders
MFT Ink - Tangy Orange
MFT Ink - Black Licorice
Pretty Pink Posh - Clear Droplets 4mm



As the background was a scrap from a previous card I'm not 100% sure what inks I used. It looks like the sea may be a blend of distress oxides in cracked pistachio, salty ocean and chipped sapphire.  The seabed is tea dye and gathered twigs.  The cute ocean images were stamped in memento black, coloured with copics and die cut with the coordinating dies. 

I took a panel of white cardstock and diecut an oval from the centre, however I left this oval in place. This gave me the stitching on the panel and also a base for me to mount my oval with the scene onto, so there was more dimension to the card.  The sentiment is from the Shellabrate stamp set and was stamped in MFT black licorice and tangy orange ink.  To finish the card  I added some clear droplets from pretty pink posh.
   
I would also like to link up this card to the following challenge:


Thanks for popping over for a visit. Enjoy your day and I hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. You have certainly put your leftovers to good use! Your scene and coloring is just fab along with the punny greeting! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! Isn't it great when we find exactly what we need in our leftover bins? Your creatures and scene are so perfect for our By the Sea challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this punny greeting and you were so creative with leftovers. Yeah! Thanks for joining Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment