MFT Stamps Camp Create - Day 1

Hi there,

I hope everyone is safe and well. I managed to play along with MFT Stamps Camp Create this year which is a big achievement for me!  I have just started creating again and am making a concerted effort to have some 'me time' every day.  I gave myself the challenge of making a card for each of the five challenges and I got it done...just! I don't think I have ever managed to create 5 cards in a one week period.  With a 5 year old, 3 year old and 5 month old I'll take that as a big win!  I have only now got round to photographing the cards and getting these blog posts up with only a couple of hours till the linky closes - last minute for sure, as seems to be the trend with me!   

For day one of MFT Stamps Camp Create  the challenge is spectacular shakers. I love making shakers and haven't done so in a long time so had fun with this one.  For each of the Camp Create challenges I am shopping my stash and using supplies that have never been inked up.  The stamp set I used today, Let's Curl Up, is one of my newest.


I love foxes and the Let's Curl Up stamp set has darling fox images and some great greenery! I stamped the images in Rich Cocoa memento ink, coloured them with my copics and used my Brother Scan and Cut to cut them out.  

Supplies:
MFT Stamps - Let's Curl Up 
MFT Die-namics -  Stitched Dome Frames
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Dome Stax
MFT Paper Pads - Woodgrain Whimsy
Simple Stories Paper Pads - Snap Color Vibes
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa
Simon Says Stamp Cardstock - White Woodgrain
Clear Acetate
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Sparkling Clear Stars 5mm
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Sand 4mm
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Whimsical Forest 4mm
Generic Gold Sequins
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles - Limeade

I decided to use one of the stitched dome frames for my shaker.  I die cut it three times from white cardstock and adhered them together with liquid glue. For the background in my shaker window I used some paper from the whimsy woodgrain paper pad from MFT.  I used one of the dies from stitched dome stax to cut it out as it fitted perfectly behind my shaker window. I adhered this to some white woodgrain cardstock.  I also used this same die to die cut out an acetate window. I adhered my acetate to the dome frame. I added a variety of sequin to the whimsy woodgrain background and used foam tape to adhered my dome frame on top.
I found a scrap of green polka dot designer paper in my stash which I adhered directly to the card base.  I then adhered the white woodgrain panel on top.  The sentiment is from the Let's Curl UP stamp set. I stamped it directly to the panel using rich cocoa memento ink.  I added a few doodlebug sprinkle embellishments.  I hope you like it.  I certainly had fun putting it together.

I would also like to play along with;

Thanks for taking the time to visit me. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax 

Comments

  1. The cure fox and mushrooms are beautifully coloured and I love the woodland feel that the background bark texture gives. Beautifully designed and all kudos to you for getting it done with the 3 kiddos around!

    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shaker card is beautiful ! Love the little scene you created with this adorable fox and the mushrooms. Great idea to use woodgrain paper for the background too. And WOW, congratulations for being able to make 5 cards in a week with three young children around ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment