MFT Stamps Camp Create - Day 5

Hi crafty friends,

In this post I am sharing the card I created for  MFT Stamps Camp Create Day 5. The challenge is Delightful Die-cutting.  My project incorporates a lot of different die cuts and I loved how it turned out, as did my little 5 year old girl, who I made this card for.


I started by ink blending my background with distress inks.  Once this was done, I die cut my rainbow from white cardstock and then used my copics to colour it in.  I decided to do this rather than use coloured cardstock as it was easier to get the colours I wanted for my card.  I then die-cut some clouds and inked the edges with distress inks.  I adhered my rainbow to my sky background and then adhered the clouds making sure not to glue down the very top of the cloud edges incase I wanted to tuck any unicorns in!

Supplies:
Hello Bluebird Stamps - Unicorn Tails
Hello Bluebird Dies - Unicorn Tails
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rainbow
MFT Die-namics - Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames
Taylored Expressions Die - Build a Scene Rolling Clouds
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Tumbled Glass
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Salty Ocean
MFT Cardstock - Gold Sparkle
MFT Ink - Extreme Black
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Zig Wink of Stella Pen - Gold
Zig Wink of Stella Pen - Silver
Zig Wink of Stella Pen - Clear
Gold Star Confetti

I stamped the unicorns with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured them in with my copics.  Their horns were coloured with my silver and gold wink of stella pens. I die-cut the images with the coordinating dies.  The unicorn jumping over the rainbow was foam mounted onto the card while the other top were adhered with liquid glue.  I decided my card needed more sparkle so I added a gold glitter frame and some small gold star confetti.  I also added some wink of stella to the rainbow.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card base with MFT extreme black ink.

I would like to link up this card with the following challenges:


Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted To Stamps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical card! I'm loving all the fun details. Super clever idea to color the parts of the rainbow with Copics so that they match colors on your unicorns. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is magical!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for AG with Dies
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment