A Halloween Hello - MFT

Hi Crafty Friends,

I am really enjoying making box cards and I'm trying my best to find the time to play along with MFT Outside the Box Challenge each month.  I'm sure I said this last month but using the MFT Outside the Box dies just make it so easy.  The current theme is Halloween. Now, I don't usually made Halloween cards and I actually own only one Halloween stamp set and that is the fun Birdie Brown stamp set from MFT called Witch Way is the Candy.  I own the original stamp set and bought it when it came up on retirement sale ages ago....this may be the first time I have ever used it!! The only difference I believe between the original and the re-released is the font on the sentiments. 


Supplies: 
MFT Stamps - Witch Way is the Candy?
MFT Die-namics - Outside the Box
MFT Die-namics - Outside the Box Low Profile Add-on
MFT Die-namics - Outside the Box Grass
MFT Cardstock - Catcus
MFT Cardstock - After Midnight
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Salvaged Patina 
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Peacock Feathers 
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Blueprint Sketch 
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Chipped Sapphire 
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Black Soot
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Tsukineko Ink - Versamark
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White 
Ink on 3 - Liquid Pixie Dust
Zig Wink of Stella Brush - Clear
Ranger Glossy Accents

I stamped all the images in memento black ink and coloured with my copics. They were cut out with my scan and cut as I don't own the dies for this set. I added some glossy accents to the eyes of the frog.  I made the base of the box card with a dark blue/navy cardstock which is from MFT and I think is called After Midnight.  The inner back panel was cut from Bristol smooth cardstock and I ink blended a night sky with distress oxide inks.  I splattered the sky with some black soot oxide ink and also splattered with some liquid pixie dust for some sparkle.  As well as adhering a moon to the back panel I also adhered some silver confetti stars. I added some clear wink of stella to the moon.

The grass was die cut using the outside the box grass dies and some dark green cardstock. I adhered all the images, except the bat, to the grass with liquid glue.  The bat was suspended in the air with a thin strip of acetate. The sentiment panel was also ink blended and then heated embossed in white ink.


I would also like to play along with the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax


Comments

  1. This is absolutely adorable. Your coloring is stellar, and the scene is just the cutest. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Fab card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted To Stamps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! What an incredible card. The images are beautiful and I love the scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment