MFT - Clean and Simple Autumnal Card


Hi Friends,

I hope everyone is well.  I was excited when I saw that MFT were hosting their Card Design Superstar Contest. The inspiration and the talent is awesome and I love looking at the entries. This year I was determined to try and play along.  I would have loved to have made a card for all three categories but crafting time is scarce at the moment! My littlest one is only 6 months old and doesn't give me any free time!

I am thankful that on this, the last day of the contest, I managed to find some time to craft - mainly because I stayed up really, really late (I'm in Australia)! I created a card for Clean and Simple genius category.

Even though it is Spring here in Australia, I really wanted to make a autumnal card, as I love the rich vibrant colours... and I'm Scottish so to me it should be Autumn!  I was looking through my MFT stamp sets and realised that there was lots of small autumnal foliage stamps that I had never used.  So, I decided it was time to use all these gorgeous accessory images and make them the focal point of my card. 



Supplies:
MFT Stamps -Fall Friends (Leaves, Acorn)
MFT Stamps - Happy Hedgehogs (Mushroom, Acorn, Leaf)
MFT Stamps - Harvest Mouse (Leaf)
MFT Stamps - Hanging with My Gnomies (Mushroom)
MFT Stamps - Friends at First Sip (Heart)
MFT Stamps - Happy Hippos (Cherry/Berry)
MFT Stamps - More Essential Sentiments
MFT Stamps - Whimsical Woodgrain Background
MFT Die-namics - Heart Stax (retired)
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa
Tsukineko Versamark Ink - Watermark
Hero Arts Embossing Powder - White Satin Pearl
Little Things - Droplet Poppy Hearts
Ranger - Glossy Accents
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White


I used small stamps from six different sets! I have listed in my supplies what images I used from each stamp set. I stamped my chosen images in Rich Cocoa memento ink all over a panel of alcohol marker friendly cardstock and coloured the images with copics. I added glossy accents to the berries (which are really cherries!) and some white crystals drops to the spots on the mushrooms.  Once I had coloured my panel I thought it would be fun to cut them out into a heart shape.  It was only after the fact that I realised this die set has been discontinued, I hope that is OK! 



For my background I thought the whimsical woodgrain background would be awesome and tie in nicely with the autumnal foliage. I wanted something subtle though as not to detract from the focal image. I recently purchased hero arts white satin pearl embossing powder and I thought I would try it out.  I love the effect it gives - it is very subtle and slightly shimmery adding just enough detail. I mounted the background panel onto some desert storm cardstock and in turn, mounted the heart onto the background panel.  The sentiment is from the more essential sentiment set. I stamped it in rich cocoa ink onto desert storm cardstock and cut it into a small banner and mounted it onto the centre of the heart.  I had to add just a little bling, I can't help myself! I chose two small red hearts for a pop of colour. 

I really enjoyed putting this card together and it was fun using all these small images.

Thanks for taking the time to pop by. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax

Comments