Hi Crafty Friends,
I am really enjoying making box cards and I'm trying my best to find the time to play along with MFT Outside the Box Challenge each month. I'm sure I said this last month but using the MFT Outside the Box dies just make it so easy. The current theme is Halloween. Now, I don't usually made Halloween cards and I actually own only one Halloween stamp set and that is the fun Birdie Brown stamp set from MFT called Witch Way is the Candy. I own the original stamp set and bought it when it came up on retirement sale ages ago....this may be the first time I have ever used it!! The only difference I believe between the original and the re-released is the font on the sentiments.
MFT Stamps - Witch Way is the Candy?
MFT Die-namics - Outside the Box
MFT Die-namics - Outside the Box Low Profile Add-on
MFT Die-namics - Outside the Box Grass
MFT Cardstock - Catcus
MFT Cardstock - After Midnight
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Salvaged Patina
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Peacock Feathers
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Blueprint Sketch
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Chipped Sapphire
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Black Soot
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Tsukineko Ink - Versamark
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Ink on 3 - Liquid Pixie Dust
Zig Wink of Stella Brush - Clear
Ranger Glossy Accents
I stamped all the images in memento black ink and coloured with my copics. They were cut out with my scan and cut as I don't own the dies for this set. I added some glossy accents to the eyes of the frog. I made the base of the box card with a dark blue/navy cardstock which is from MFT and I think is called After Midnight. The inner back panel was cut from Bristol smooth cardstock and I ink blended a night sky with distress oxide inks. I splattered the sky with some black soot oxide ink and also splattered with some liquid pixie dust for some sparkle. As well as adhering a moon to the back panel I also adhered some silver confetti stars. I added some clear wink of stella to the moon.
The grass was die cut using the outside the box grass dies and some dark green cardstock. I adhered all the images, except the bat, to the grass with liquid glue. The bat was suspended in the air with a thin strip of acetate. The sentiment panel was also ink blended and then heated embossed in white ink.
I would also like to play along with the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your day.