Flower Power - Pinkfresh Studio

 Hi friends,

It's been a hot minute since I have played along with a challenge! I love Pinkfresh's products and own quite a few - though I never seem to have any time to play with them, so, I thought I should start!  This month the Challenge is flower power. 

Quite a few months back I actually bought a PFS paper pad and some ephemera. I rarely buy ephemera anymore and hardly use paper pads...though I do like to collect them!!  As I didn't have much time I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use them to create a card.  As in my true style, I entered just before the linky ended!



This card came together quickly for me - I am an extremely slow crafter! I started by picking this beautiful arrangement of flowers and coordinating leave sprig. I was drawn to it as it is not usually a colour I would go for, and wanted to do something a little different for me.  I decided I wanted to frame it with an oval frame and chose to use some glitter cardstock.  Can I just say I absolutely LOVE PFS champagne glitter cardstock.  I am going to have to stock up on it!  


Supplies:
PFS Coverplate Die - Floral Grid
PFS Die - Fancy Oval Frame
PFS Glitter Cardstock - Champagne
PFS 6x6 Paper Pack - Lovely Blooms
PFS Ephemera - Lovely Blooms
PFS Floral Ephemera - Lovely Blooms
 PFS Gems - Clear with Gold Dust
Bazzil Vellum

For my background I die-cut the floral grid cover plate from some white cardstock.  There was a sheet in the paper pack that had a small floral print and matched the colour of the flowers exactly.  I chose to adhere the floral die-cut to it.

With the frame I die cut it twice from scrap paper and once from the glitter and layered them together.  I adhered the frame to my card front with liquid glue.  I also cut the frame from some vellum so I could get the centre oval piece.  I just glued that down with some liquid glue in an area I knew I was going to cover with the floral arrangement. I used some foam tape to adhere the arrangement to the card front and added some gems to the centre of the small flowers.  The sentiment was also foam mounted and was part of the ephemera pack.

I was really happy with how this card came out especially since I am not really a peachy/orange kind of girl.  It was great to create again and hopefully I will get some more time in my crafty room going forward.

Have a great day/night.

Crafty hugs,

Ax

Comments