Welcome, Little One

Hi Friends,

I am popping in tonight to share a card I made for Reverse Confetti Stock your Stash Challenge.  The theme this month is babies which gave me a great reason to use this adorable image from the Bear Hugs stamp set.  I love critters and these Koala's are beyond cute. I coloured them up as part of Kathy's 30 day coloring challenge and am so happy that I found time to create a card with it.  Crafting time, actually any free time, is hard to come by in this household!  Having a one year and a two year old doesn't leave me with much time for myself!


Supplies:
Reverse Confetti Stamps and Coordinating Die -  Bear Hugs
MFT Die-namics - Single Stitch Line Circle Frame
MFT Die-namics - Basic Stitch Lines
Memory Box Dies - Puffy Clouds
Lawn Fawn Dies - Stitched Hillside Borders
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Tsukuneko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
White Felt and Wooden Heart from Stash


The image was stamped with black memento ink, coloured with copics and cut with its coordinating dies. When making the card I started by creating a sweet little scene for these koala's. I sponged Tumbled Glass oxide ink onto some bristol smooth cardstock. In my scrap bin I found a piece of green cardstock I had sponged with mowed lawn when I was recently testing out my new oxides :)  I cut this piece with one of the Lawn Fawn hillside borders dies. I slotted the image onto the scene before adhering the scene together.  The frame was die cut three times from white cardstock and then foam mounted onto the scene.  I played about with how and where to add the sentiment.... I had no clear picture in my mind of what this card was going to look like, which is very common for me! I also decided the scene needed something extra.  While rummaging through my scrap box I found some clouds I had die cut a very long time ago from white felt and though they would be perfect.

For the card base I created my own background panel from neenah desert cardstock.  I decided I wanted some detail and texture but nothing too overwhelming.  I decided to use the single stitched line from MFT to create the panel.   Don't look too closely as the lines are not perfectly spaced!  I like how it came out though.  I foam mounted this panel onto my cardbase and adhered the scene to the centre of the card.  I then added a cute wooden heart to the left hand corner. 

I would also like to play along in these great challenges too:
Thanks so much for coming by and visiting.
I hope you have a great weekend.
Ax

Comments

  1. Hi Andrea!!! So good to see your gorgeous coloring again, I love the sweet scene you've created. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment