Birthday Butterfly

Hello Friends,

While I may not have alot of time to make cards these days, I do manage to keep up with all beautiful inspiration and my favourite blogs. Thank goodness for smart phones :)  When I saw that Freshly Made Sketches were celebrating their 400th sketch I really wanted to play along.  Congratulations FMS, what a milestone.



I had a few ideas and stamp sets I wanted to use -decisions, decisions!  Color Countdown helped me decide with their awesome colour combo this week.  Once I saw the colours I knew which one of my new stamp sets I wanted to use. So I inked up Reverse Confetti Butterfly Blossoms stamp set which I bought in their recent sale.

Here is my card:




Supplies:
Reverse Confetti Stamps - Butterfly Blossoms
Reverse Confetti Cuts - Diagonal Stitches Cover Plate 
MFT Stamps - More Essential Sentiments
MFT Die-namics - Single Stitch Line Square Frames
MFT Die-namics - Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Doodlebug Design Paper Pad - Kraft in Color - Color
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark Stamp Pad
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Rhubarb Crumble
Nuvo Crystal Drops - English Mustard
PinkFresh Studio - Jewels


I loved colouring this beautiful butterfly.  I think I am going to be inking up this one alot...well when I have time- hehe. I added some nuvo crystal drops to the centres of the flowers.  I fuzzy cut the image and adhered in to a square white die cut.  I also used another new-to-me product from Reverse Confetti - The diagonal stitches cover plate, which I love, love, love! I love adding texture to my cards.  I foam mounted my square die cut onto a white panel of cardstock, which in turn was foam mounted onto some fresh green designer paper from doodlebug. The sentiment was embossed with white powder onto black cardstock and I used a sentiment strip from MFT to die-cut it out. I added some beautiful Pinkfresh Studio jewels to finish of my card.

I would also like to link this card up with Seize the Birthday #173.




Thanks so much for popping by, happy crafting.
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. Your flowers and your butterfly are gorgeous! Lovely card! Glad you helped us celebrate 400!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. That butterfly from RC is on my list. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the sketch and colors! Love that butterfly! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a gorgeous take on the throwdown colors! Love all the RC goodies you combined on this lovely design! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card! I just love that butterfly! Your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 400th Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment