Color Throwdown Guest Stamper #562

Hi friends,

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.   I'm excited to be guest stamper at Color Throwdown this week.   I love the inspiration picture but I have to admit I found these colours challenging as I am so used to incorporating bright colours on my cards. The colours are cobalt blue, aqua, black, and gray.



The first thing that came to mind for me was masculine. I recently bought a masculine stamp set from Waffle Flower which I hadn't inked up yet, so this was the perfect opportunity. The stamp set is called Be Him and it features three critters and some accessories...I love critters! With this colour scheme the elephant was the perfect image to use. I paired him up with some awesome sunglasses (love these) and a little hat.  

All the images were coloured with copics and I used the complimentary dies to cut them out.  It is not clear from the photo but the sunglasses have a coat of glossy accents.  I adhered the elephant onto a pierced square die cut which in turn I mounted onto some designer doddlebug paper.  This was then adhered onto some gray textured paper that I found in my scrap box. i adhered a strip of aqua spotted paper from simple stories to my card base before I foam mounted all these layers.  The sentiment is from MFT and I embossed it onto black sentiment strip cut from MFT blueprints 20.  This sentiment strip was foam mounted onto the card.  There are a few layers on this card!  To finish it off I added a few doodlebug sprinkles.  

I hope you like it :)


Supplies:
Waffle Flower Stamps - Be Him
Waffle Flower Dies - Be Him
MFT Stamps - For the Boys
MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax 
MFT Die-namics  - Blueprints 20
Simple Stories Paper Pad - Snap Color Vibe
Doodlebug Designs Paper Pad - Hip Hip Hooray
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark Stamp Pad
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles - Blue Jean
Ranger Glossy Accents

I hope you are able to pop over to Color Throwdown blog to see all the amazing makes from the design team.

A big thanks to Color Throwdown for having me as a guest this week and thanks so much for popping by, have a great day.
Ax

Comments

  1. OMGoodness, this is just the most adorable card and you totally rocked the colors! Wow! Love it! Thanks so much and congrats on being our star stamper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable.. love that sweet elephant... and sunglasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card! I chuckled when I saw it as the Ele is so cute!! you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy for the lovely comment. I hope you are having a great day.

      Delete

Post a Comment