MFT Stamps Camp Create - Day 4

Hello crafty friends,

Welcome to my post for day four of MFT Stamps Camp Create. The challenge today is Background Bonanza.  Now, I spent quite a bit of time thinking about this one, as although the skies the limit with this, I wanted to do something quick and easy that I wasn't going to second guess myself about. While going through my supplies I came across the big balloon stencil from MFT, and thought this would be perfect as not only have I never used it but I am in desperate need of some birthday cards.






Before I began this card I took a piece of scrap cardstock and a pencil and played around with the placement of the balloons.  Once I decided on my design I got out my distress oxide inks and had some fun.  My ink blending isn't very good as I am very out of practice, but thankfully oxides are very forgiving and Bristol smooth cardstock helps too. 

Supplies:
MFT Stencils - Big Balloons
MFT Stamps - Bitty Birthday Wishes
MFT Ink - Extreme Black
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Picked Raspberry
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Wild Honey
Tim Holltz Distress Oxide Ink - Shaded Lilac
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Twisted Citron
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Mermaid Lagoon
Copic Multiliner - 0.3 Black
Pretty Pink Posh Sequins - Sparkling Clear Stars 5mm
Doodlebug Design Sequins - Various Colours


I couldn't decide on one particular sentiment for my card so went with three from the bitty birthday stamp set from MFT.  These were stamped in extreme black ink. I took a black copic multiliner and a ruler and anchored all the balloons to the bottoms of the card by adding some string.  Originally I was going to make this a clean and simple, one layer card but I just couldn't do it.  I like embellishments and love dimension! I added a variety of sequins and foam mounted the panel onto some grey cardstock before adhering this to my card base.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe.
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. I love how different this is to your last card and how great to have the transparent look in the overlapping balloons! Great celebration card!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blending is fantastic! I love your colourful balloons - such a bright and cheerful card! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card ! Your blending on those balloons is amazing and I love the off the edge placement you've done for most balloons. Thanks so much for sharing and playing again at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment