Dinosaur Birthday Box Card

 Hi Crafty Friends,

I hope everyone is managing to squeeze some craft time into their week.  Today I would like to share a box card I made for my wee boys birthday. He loves dinosaurs and the Rawsome stamp set from Lawn Fawn was perfect for his card, these dinos are so cute! I love making box cards, they are so much fun and the kids love them. 

 I stamped all the dinosaurs, the cracked egg shell and the volcano from the stamp set and coloured them in with my copics. I used my scan and cut to cut them out.  I then created the night sky by blending distress oxide inks on the panel. I spritzed it with water and added a few splatters of white acrylic paint.  The grass panels were also die cut and ink blended with oxide inks.  The sentiment panel with cut with desert storm cardstock.

 
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Stamps - Rawrsome 
MFT Die-namics - Mini Slimline Outside the Box 
MFT Die-namics - Mini Slimline Outside the Box Level Up
MFT Die-namics - Mini Slimline Outside the Box Grassy Hills
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks 
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Trinity Stamps - Goodnight Moon Embellishments
 
 
 
I added some embellishments to the night sky and then arranged the dinosaurs before adhering them with glue.  I glued the pterosaur (flying dinosaur) to a strip of acetate to before adhering to the card to give the illusion it is flying. These dinos are perfect for kids cards. My little boy loved them.
  
 

 

I would like to enter this card into some awesome challenges:

 

Thanks so much for popping by, I appreciate it.

Have a great day.

Ax


Comments

  1. Beautiful box card with so many adorable details ! I'm sure your son loved his birthday card. Your colouring and design are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - this is so fun and adorable! Great colouring with those bold and fabulous colours. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and I can see why your son loves it. Great colouring and you created such a cute scene!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment