Seize the Birthday Party Guest

 Hi Friends,

I hope everyone is having a great day.  I'm honored to be a party guest at Seize the birthday Challenge where the topping is Circle or Circles.  This is an awesome topping as there is so many ways you can add circles into your card design.  I decided to make a shaped circle card, something I have never actually done before.  I am not sure why as they are super easy to make and so much fun. It is always nice to change things up!

 

 


 


 

I had a beautiful Concord and 9th turnabout stamp set sitting on my desk from their recent Summer Camp (which was so awesome!) and I just had to use it again. Unfortunately, though this stamp set was exclusive to camp but I am sure everyone has a variety of leaf stamps in their collections if you wanted to recreate this look. 

I began by stamping out the leaves in three beautiful colours of ink from C9 - tidepool, grapefruit and lemongrass.  I only did three turns out of the possible four thus leaving some white space in my design. I then picked one of the larger circles from my A2 circle stax as I wanted in to cover the entire front of my card with this design.  I decided to add a circle to the centre of my card and used some of the beautiful grapefruit cardstock which matches the ink so well.  I chose a circle die that fit well into the space.  I then stamped and heat embossed a sentiment that I liked from a Waffle Flower stamp set called Under the Sea.  As you would expect this stamp set has many ocean themed phrases but I loved the font on the happy birthday so decided to use it.  

I cut a small heart from tidepool cardstock and adhered it under my sentiment.  The heart is from the everyday sayings die set from concord and 9th that was also sitting on my desk....my desk does need cleared, it is so messy!

For a finishing touch I added a few dew drops to the design.

To made to card I took a card square card base I had in my stash and die-cut out a circle overhanging a small section over the spine of my card. This ensured that a bit of the spine was still intact and this created a nearly full circle card.  I then adhered my card circle panel to the front of this card.

I have listed all the supplies below.

Supplies:

MFT Die-namics - A2 Stitched Circle Stax
Spellbinders Dies - Everlasting Circles
Concord and 9th Turnabout Stamp - Summer Sprigs (Exclusive for 2023 Summer Camp)
Waffle Flower Crafts Stamp Set - Under the Sea
Concord and 9th Die - Everyday Sayings
Concord and 9th Cardstock - Tidepool and Grapefruit
Concord and 9th Inks - Tidepool, Lemongrass and Grapefruit
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Concord and 9th Dew Drops
 
This card came together really quickly once I had decided what I wanted to do. I hope you are inspired and play along in the current challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,  Andrea

Comments

  1. Fabulous circle card with a great design. Glad to have you as our party guest at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are joining us at our party! Your circle card is fabulous, love all the leafy stamps and colors you chose! thank you for being our guest at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was tickled that you made a shaped card as it shows our players another way to interpret the topping. I adore the colors too! Awesome job and so glad you were able to join us! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours and fabulous design, love that you made a circle shaped card, thankyou for guesting with us at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really adore your shaped circle card. Should do this more often as it is an amazing card. Also love the spring-like colors and how you could adapt this to almost any season or occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you embraced the circle theme in your card shape!!! Awesome stamping on this fabulous card. We're so happy to have you join us !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, thanks for being one of our guests, this month on Seize the Birthday. Your circle card is so pretty with the Spring like colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour scheme you chose for the leaves, and they look so pretty on the circular card. Great to have you as our guest at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your round card! The colours and design are so bright and cheerful. So glad you could join us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment