Christmas Trees

Hi there,

Just a quick pop to share my card for the current  Merry Monday Christmas Challenge,
where Deanne has picked a no stamping theme.  I actually found this quite challenging as I love to colour, so I use stamps on all my cards. After a look through my supplies I realised I actually have quite a few dies that are still patiently waiting to be used, and so had a few ideas for making a card. My main problem was the sentiment though as I couldn't find any suitable paper or dies in my stash.  Thankfully I remembered I had a box with odd embellishments in the cupboard and found some chipboard sentiments I got free with a crafting mag a long time ago.  I ended up making this card at the very last minute as it was a hectic week, so it is completely different from what I had originally planned, but I'm happy to have another Christmas card done.




Here is my card:



Supplies:
Reverse Confetti Cuts - Branch Out
Lawn Fawn Cuts - Stitched Hillside Borders
MFT Die-namics - Single lined Stitched Rectangel Frame Stax
Memory Box Dies - Crystalline Border
Provocraft Cuttlebug - Snowfall Embossing Folder
Simon Says Stamp - Smoke Cardstock
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles - Ladybug Assortment
Ranger Stickles - Diamond
Felt - Generic Felt Sheets from Dollar Shop 
Sentiment - Chipboard 

I created the trees with felt I recently bought from the local dollar shop that was closing down - it was a bargain! It's the first time I've used felt on a card and I love the added texture.  I added some enamel dots to the trees to decorate them. The background scene was very simple to put together, and I added some stickles for some glistening snow and a few die cut snowflakes. The sentiment is a chipboard piece that I got as a freebie with a crafting mag a long time ago.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for popping by,
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. Such a cute scene with those trees. Love the red dots on them. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh is that felt? I love how you've layered it and added the enamel dots. I hope you don't mind me pinning this for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina, yes it's felt :) I just got round to editing the post and have popped up the supplies I used. Glad it has inspired you. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. This is just wonderful! Love those funky trees, the sparkly hills, the snowy background, and the shiny stars. A great combo of elements that all work together wonderfully for this festive Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I neglected to say, thanks so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment