Pinkfresh Studio - Stripes

Hi Crafty Friends,

One of my favourite companies at the moment is Pinkfresh Studios. I love all of there coordinating products - stamps, stencils, hot foil, dies - it just makes creating so much easier especially when crafty time is short. In the last few months I have purchased a lot of their awesome products so I have no excuse but to play along with their monthly challenge! For the August Challenge the theme is stripes - the perfect time to use my new slim stripe dies.






My inspiration for this card came from the amazing Laura Bassen. I love watching her youtube channel, her chat is awesome, she makes me laugh and her use of colour and geometric designs is fantastic. I have a wee 6 month old girl who doesn't like to sleep so I spend a lot a time during the night on youtube where I watch all my favourite crafty companies and crafty designers.



For my card I die cut some stripes from smooth card stock using the slim stripes die.  I used a blending brush and added some distress oxide ink to each stripe.  Originally I was going to use coloured cardstock with my die but I didn't really fancy going through all my cardstock to find the perfect colours!  Colouring was so much easier. Once coloured I adhered them to a piece of copier paper. 

From white cardstock I die cut the leafy branch numerous times.  I took a panel of desert storm cardstock and arranged the leafy branches on it, cutting leaves and bits of the branch off as required to give some nice spacing on my card.  Once arranged I adhered them to the panel with some liquid glue. I then took my stripe panel and adhered it horizontally on the middle of my card.  

I decided I wanted to heat emboss my sentiment in gold. Now, the perfect sentiments stamp set is one large stamp with numerous sentiments so the easiest way to achieve this would have been to stamp and emboss the stamp set and use the coordinating die to cut out my chosen sentiment...but I decided I want to stamp directly onto my rounded label!  In order to do this you need to mask off the sentiments all around your chosen sentiment, which is actually easy enough to do.  Once this was done I foam mounted my label into the stripe panel.  

I felt my card needed something else, so I decided to die cut the leafy branch again but this time from shimmery gold cardstock. I played around with how to incorporate it, decided it didn't go well with my card...but then cut a leaf off and found that it looked really good right next to the sentiment.  I also wanted to add some bling and spent ages playing with different placements.  I finally decided to add some crystals around the label.


Supplies: 
Pinkfresh Studio Dies - Slim Stripes 
Pinkfresh Studio Dies - Leafy Branch 
Pinkfresh Studio Dies - Basic Label Frames
Pinkfresh Studio Stamps - Perfect Sentiments
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Candied Apple
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Picked Raspberry
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Kitsch Flamingo
TIm Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Spiced Marmalade
Neenah Cardstock - Desert Storm
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark Stamp Pad
Simon Says Stamp Embossing Powder - Ultra Fine Gold
Pinkfresh Studio - Crystal Mix
Gina K - Connect Liquid Glue

I can probably count on one hand the number of cards I have made that are mainly die cuts so this card was very different for me.  I wasn't sure I liked it at first but it is growing on me! I hope you like it.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax

Comments