Fall Fun

Hi Crafty Friends,

I would like to share a card I made with three different challenges in mind! I was going through a folder and found a beautiful pumpkin from Reverse Confetti partially coloured from....ermmm, a year ago! I had coloured half of the pumpkin and never finished it off.  When I saw that the current Reverse Confetti Stock your Stash Challenge was Halloween/Autumn Fun I decided it was time to finish colouring it and put it on a card.



Now, I often struggle with colour combo's and spend ages trying to decide what colours and shades to use.  To take the guesswork out I decided that I would play along with the current Color Throwdown Challenge especially as it had orange as one of the colours. One thing I do love about playing along in colour challenges is that it can push you to use colours that you may not use together otherwise. Normally I would not think about putting orange, purple and red together.



While I was colouring my image I began thinking about my card design and, well, I was struggling. I used to play along with Freshly Made Sketches when I crafted a little more regularly and decided I  would visit there site and check out the current sketch. When I saw it, I thought yes, this could work for me....and my card came together.





Supplies:
Reverse Confetti Stamps - With a Thankful Heart
Reverse Confetti Stamps - Pattern Blog
Reverse Confetti Dies -  Stitched Note and Frame
Tsukineko Memnto Ink - Rich Cocoa
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles - Tangerine Assortment
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles - Ladybug Assortment
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles - Lilac Assortment
Ranger Liquid Pearls - White Opal
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Gloss Blushing Red

The image was coloured with copics and cut out with my scan and cut. I added some white liquid pearls to the centre of the flowers.  To the red flowers I also added a drop of crystal pearls. I die-cut the frame from some white card stock twice and adhered them together.  I backed the opening of the frame with some natural texture paper I found it my stock.  The photos don't do this paper any justice, it is a beautiful cream colour with flecks of orange and a little shimmer. I also stamped my sentiment onto this cardstock and adhered it to the front of the frame.  The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's Pattern lock stamp set.  I mounted the pumpkin on the top of the frame with foam tape.  I then added a few doodlebug sprinkles for embellishment.  

Apologies for the photo, the lighting was terrible today!

Thanks so much for popping by. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. What a beautiful image, and I love how you've colored it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pumpkin and lovely coloring!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous card! That pumpkin is fabulous and stands out so nicely against that crisp, white background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment