Blue Underwater Scene - Heffy Doodle

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a underwater scene card to share with you today using one of my favourite Heffy Doodle stamp sets, Oceans of Love.  I actually created the background for September's Heffy Doodle Facebook Group Challenge but never found the time to put my card together, so I was really happy to see that I could use it for October's Challenge instead. The theme for October is Out of the Blue and I have plenty of blue, in a variety of shades on this card.

The images were stamped in Tudexo Black Ink, coloured with copics and die cut with the coordinating dies. For the background panel I blended a variety of blue distress oxide inks. I used the ray of light stencil from MFT to add some moonstone glitter paste and left it to dry. I die cut the ocean bed using a snow drift die and then covered the die-cut with versamark ink, and heat embossed it with some sand embossing powder - which is awesome! I chose a sentiment from the stamp set, stamped it in versamark and heat embossed it in white.  The sentiment actually has an exclamation mark at the end, but I did a terrible job at stamping and embossing it and it looked like an L :( I didn't want to redo the background after spending so much time on it, so I 'fixed' the mistake by strategically placing the turtle at the end of the sentiment! I cut down the background using a wonky stitch rectangle die and then adhered all my images in the scene. The panel was foamed mounted onto my card base. I added a cute white heart and some crystals for some bling :) 

Supplies:
Heffy Doodle Stamps - Oceans of Love
Heffy Doodle Dies - Oceans of Love
MFT Die-namics - Wonky Stitch Rectangle Stax
MFT Die-namics - Snow Drifts
MFT Stencils - Ray of Light 
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Tsukineko Ink - Versamark
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Chipped Sapphire
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Salty Ocean
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Salvaged Patina
Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone
Hero Arts Embossing Powder - Sand
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Pinkfresh Studio Embellishments - Crystals
Lucy's Cards Little Things - Sprinkles Love Story

 

I would like to play along in the following challenges:

Comments

  1. This is so cute!! I adore your little scene that you created. I might need that sand embossing powder!! Thank you for playing with us this week at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!!!

    Nora
    CIC
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. Love the glimmered rays
    Thank you for playing along the Cupcake Inspirations challenge. DT Anila

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment