MFT Superstar Card Design - Clean and Simple

 Hi crafty friends,

I would like to share with you today the card I made for MFT Card Design Superstar Clean and Simple Category.

 https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/2668/0896/files/MFT_Superstars2022_Header.jpg?v=1666031068

 I really wanted to ink up the Friends with Fins and Gill Friends stamp sets.  They have been sitting in my craft cupboard patiently waiting to be inked up for a very long time.  I love the shark with his big toothy grin! I decided I wanted to frame him in a circle of fish!  

In order to do this I took the third largest die from stitched circle stax and traced the inside circle in pencil.  I used this as a guide to stamp my fish with my misti.  I used two fish from the gill friends set and one tiny one from otterly in love stamp set.  I stamped the shark in the centre.  I stamped all the images, the fish multiple times, onto masking paper and cut them out!  In order to create a circle sea frame I took a scrap piece of card and die cut the second largest circle in the stitched circle stax. I used the scrap negative piece of paper as a stencil. I placed masks on the the images and ink blended the background with distress oxide inks.  I splattered with water and some white paint.  Once all was dried I removed the masks and coloured the images with copics. I used a black jelly roller pen on the eyes of the fish. I also heated embossed the the sentiment with white embossing powder. 

I adhered my one layer panel onto a dark blue card base.

Supplies:
MFT Stamps - Gill Friends
MFT Stamps - Friends with Fins
MFT Stamps - Otterly Love You
MFT Stamps - Itty Bitty Basics
MFT Die-namics - Stitched Circle Stax - as a guide and stencil
MFT Cardstock - Cornflower?
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Salvaged Patina
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Salty Ocean
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Prize Ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Chipped Sapphire
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Versamark Ink - Watermark 
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Simon Says Stamp - Masking Paper
Acrylic Paint - White
 
 
Here is a close up of my frame.  I decided in would  be fun to create a rainbow of fish, between the clown fish.
 
 
 
Thanks so much for popping by, I hope you like the card and it inspires you.
Happy crafting,
Ax
 

Comments

  1. This really spot on! I love how you created movement and all the colors on the card are harmonious so it's a perfect balance visually!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment