Create a Smile - Rainbow Unicorns

Hi there, happy weekend friends,

Today I have a unicorn birthday card to share with you complete with rainbow colours and gold sparkle!  

I used two different stamp sets from Create a Smile for this card.  The unicorns and sentiment are from the Superpowers set while the cake is from a set called Crazy Chicks. I think this cake is one of my most used Create a Smile stamp, I love it! I also used a stencil from Create a Smile called wave of stars.
 

Supplies:

Create a Smile Stamps - Superpowers
Create a Smile Stamps - Crazy Chicks (Cake)
Create a Smile Stencil - Wave of Stars 
MFT Die-namics -  A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax Set 1
Taylored Expressions Die -  Rolling Clouds
MFT Stamps Cardstock - Gold Sparkle
Bazzill Vellum
Tsukineko Memento Ink - Tuxedo Ink
Tsukineko Versamark
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks
Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder - Gilded 
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste - Metallic Gold
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Gold


The unicorns and cake were stamped with black Memento ink and coloured with copic markers.  The sky was created with a number of distress oxide inks.  Unfortunately I did not take a note of what colours I used and the background was created some time before I made the actual card so I would just be guessing the colours. Sorry friends. I spritzed the panel lightly with some water and with some gold shine spray. Once it was completely dry I used the stencil and some metallic gold embossing powder to create the stars.  To the bottom of the sky panel I adhered some rolling clouds, the back layer in vellum and the front layer in white card stock. I then die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle from MFT.  I cut some a slightly larger rectangle from gold sparkle cardstock and mounted my panel into this.  I then adhered them onto my card base. I hope you like it.

 

I would like to play along with the following challenges:



 

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks so much for popping by.

Hugs Ax

Comments

  1. Sparkly goodness! I bet the gold spray is just amazing in person...what a sweet card!!! Thanks for joining us at JUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea... love your adorable unicorns! and your sparkly stars! Thanks ever so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow unicorns are always darling!!! Love the glazed stars too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet unicorn and rainbow sky! Love the added dimension and sparkle on the stars. Thanks for joining us at both Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment