Create a Smile - Fine Ferns

 Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing my mini slimline DT card for Create a Smile Stamps.  I generally tend to make cards with cute critters but thought it was time to mix things up, so decided to use the versatile Fine Ferns stamp set. This stamp set has both outline and solid stamps for each fern.

At times I find it hard to decide on a colour palette for my cards and I'm always on the look out for inspiration.  When I saw the colour palette for the current Sunday Stamps Challenge I knew I wanted to use it with my ferns.

 


 

I love my copics and colouring so the majority of my cards have coloured images on them.  As this stamp set has both outline and solid images I decided I would use the solid images and some inks for a change. 

 

Supplies:
Create a Smile Stamps - Fine Ferns
Create a Smile Stamps - With Love
Pinkfresh Studio Dies - Mini Slimline Essential Bundle
Pinkfresh Studio Inks  Reds - Berrylicious, Passion Fruit, Coral Reef
Pinkfresh Studio Inks Greens - Key Lime, Grassy Knoll, Fresh Pear
Pinkfresh Studio Inks Blues - Seaside, Summer Shower, Sky Blue
MFT Cardstock - Cement Grey
Tsukineko Versamark - Watermark Stamp Pad
Stampendous Embossing Powder - White
Little Things from Lucy's Cards Jewels - Rainbow Sparkle Mix
Pinkfresh Studio Glitter Drops - Lagoon

For each fern I used three colours of ink to try a get a gradient.  I cut the images using my brother scan and cut.  I felt a plain white background was well...to plain! However I didn't want a busy background either so decided to white heat emboss the smaller outline fern in white randomly on the background panel. I glued the ferns onto this panel and curled up the leaves for some dimension. I matted this panel into some gray die cut cardstock. 

The sentiment is from a recently released stamp set from Create a Smile called With Love.  I white heat embossed the sentiment onto gray cardstock before popping it onto my card with foam tape.  Finally I added some sparkle embellishments to finish off my card.  I hope you like it.

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Crafty Hugs, Ax


Comments

  1. Beautiful!! Your faded coloring of those fern leaves...perfection!! Love your take on our "sweet treats" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us.
    -Deb Horst, DT #SSC305

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a glory of our colors for sure, what awesome images! I'm a sucker for perfect stems like these, lol, and your "fades" are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful slimline card, Andrea! Along with your fabulous ink blending, the white embossing on the white background was the perfect way to set off those lovely fern branches! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment