Concord and 9th - Mod Turnabout

 Hi Friends,

I managed to squeeze in some crafty time over the weekend and played along with some challenges.  One of the challenges was Color Throwdown Challenge - mainly because the colours in this weeks palette are ones I would never put together on my own! I thought it would be fun to play out of my comfort zone.

I purchased some new crafty goodies recently - well, actually quite a lot of crafty goodies.  I treated myself to the whole collection of Concord and 9th mini ink cubes!  I thought there was no point getting a few so I got the whole lot!  I also bought the new Mod turnabout stamp and the Just Say More dies.  I thought this was the perfect challenge to try out my new supplies.

 

 

The ink colours I used where Clementine, Lilac and aqua sky.  Now, the Mod turnabout stamp is my first ever turnabout.  I don't have a jig, and I couldn't source one easily in Australia, so I thought I would just improvise.  Well, I tried to make my own but must have gone wrong somewhere along the way as it didn't work out that great - I had fun trying though.I ended up having to trim down the card panel.  Hopefully the next time I use my turnabout stamp the stamping will go a little better!

The big hugs was die cut out three times, and they were glued together for some dimension.  I added some doodlebug sprinkles in similar colours to finish of my card.


Supplies:

Concord and 9th Stamps: Mod Turnabout
Concord and 9th Dies - Just Say More 
Concord and 9th Inks - Clementine, Lilac and Aqua Sky
MFT Cardstock - Black
Doodlebug Design Sprinkles: Lilac Assortment, Swimming Pool assortment, Tangerine Assortment 

 

I hardly ever make geometric cards or use a combination of colours like this but I really enjoyed it.  I apologize for the photo quality/colour, I have been having issues lately taking photos and my white balance has been off. 

Thanks so much for taking time to pop by, I hope you have a great week.

Hugs Ax

Comments